Major Component Exchange / UFS Field Specialist
Remote, All US Locations
GE Renewable Energy
Renewable Energy OnShore Wind
Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, District of Columbia, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Wyoming
The Major Component Exchange / UFS (Universal Fleet Services) Field Specialist will work on a team or individually, to assist on large component replacement, troubleshoot mechanical and / or electrical repairs on universal fleet such as Vestas or Siemens, direct and coordinate crews, oversee contractors, and repair wind turbine generators throughout the United States.
As the Major Component Exchange / UFS Field Specialist you will:
* Troubleshoot complicated mechanical, hydraulic, and electrical problems on variable pitch / variable speed turbines
* Help in all areas of site preparation (coordination of labor and materials) with minimal supervision
* Document all work performed using computer based service reporting procedures
* Communicate site status to engineers, customers, and management
* High School Diploma / GED
* Minimum of 1 year of experience as a Wind Turbine Technician
* Completion of Certificate / Associate's / Bachelor's in a relative field, including, but not limited to: Electrical, Mechanical, Renewable Energy
* Minimum of 2 years of related experience in electrical, mechanical, hydraulics, REN energy or similar field
* Ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally 90% of the time, as required
* Ability and willingness to operate heavy equipment
* Ability and willingness to signal and rig loads up to 100 tons
* Ability and willingness to work and climb heights a minimum of 300ft
* Ability to meet specific OSHA weight limits of 250 to 300lbs max
* Ability and willingness to possess and maintain a valid driver's license
* Ability and willingness to handle repetitive weight - 50 lbs
* Ability and willingness to work in all weather conditions
* Ability and willingness to work in range of environments to include but not limited to industrial facilities, manufacturing facilities, and power industry facilities
* Ability and willingness to be available for rotation shift schedules 24 hours, seven days a week
* Multi vendor brand or experience such as Vestas, Siemens, Gamesa is preferred but not required
* Bachelors Degree in a Technical, Electrical, or Electronics field from an accredited college or university
* Technical Certification in Wind Energy or Electrical / Electronic field
* Ability to read and understand electrical schematic drawings
* Ability to work with a wide variety of personnel at all levels inside and outside of the Wind Farm
* Wind turbine experience
* Ability and willingness to take initiative, and work without direct supervision
* Ability and willingness to read, interpret technical manuals, procedures, and regulations
* Ability to write reports, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure
* Electrical, mechanical, and/or hydraulic experience
* Experience using hydraulic power tools
* Experience with heavy equipment required for facility maintenance with a working knowledge of crane and rigging requirements
* Proficient computers skills in Excel, Word, Web Tools
* Strong customer service mindset
* Strong organizational skills
* Strong oral and written communication skills
* Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses, follow us on twitter: @geconnections
GE Renewable Energy harnesses the earths most abundant resources the strength of the wind, the heat of the sun and the force of water to power the worlds biggest economies and the most remote communities.
With an innovative spirit and an entrepreneurial mindset, we engineer energy products and digital services that create industry-leading value for our customers around the world.
We see the promise of renewable energy everywhere we look. Our team has the courage, scale, passion, diversity and resourcefulness needed to deliver that promise wherever and however the world needs it.
Together with our customers, were proving that no one ever has to choose between affordable, reliable, or sustainable energy.
We are unleashing limitless energy.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
validation, manufacturing, microsoft word, troubleshooting, electronics, microsoft excel, leadership, customer service, editing, water management, energy management, materials, renewable energy, organization, economics