Financial Planning & Analysis
San Francisco , CA 94158
The Chan Zuckerberg Biohub is a relatively new, well-funded, non-profit life science research institute located in the Mission Bay neighborhood of San Francisco, California. We are committed to solving some of the worlds biggest problems together; we seek to help cure, prevent or manage all human diseases in our childrens lifetime. We find and invest in the best and brightest scientists and engineers and we seek to create an environment of true and free-flowing collaboration. We provide the best technologies and tools available and when they dont exist yet, we build them.
We are seeking an experienced FP&A individual to join our Finance team. This individual will be the primary FP&A effort at the Biohub and will be spear-heading our annual budgeting process and will drive the analysis process that compares financial performance against the budget. S/he will provide financial consulting and strategic support to senior management including preparing board presentations, financial presentations, capital expenditure analyses, new business opportunities, acquisition analysis and other projects requested by senior management. This function acts as the analytical engine of the organization to provide insights and support optimal business decision making.
This position will be an active participant in the monthly financial statement preparation process, particularly with respect to detailed internal budget vs. actual reports distributed to managers.
This individual will be the first person in the FP&A function. As such, will be an integral part of creating processes, selecting tools, and implementing the requisite procedures needed to perform the FP&A function.
* Drive the annual budget process
* Maintain long term financial plan
* Analyze current and past trends in key performance indicators including all areas of cash flow, costs, expenses and capital expenditures
* Monitor performance indicators, highlighting trends and analyzing causes of unexpected variance
* Oversee and manage the continued development of Budgeting, Financial Forecasting, Operating Plan and Modeling tools
* Ad-Hoc Reporting and Analysis
* Periodic actual vs. budget reports
* Develop financial models and analyses to support strategic initiatives
* Analyze complex financial information and reports to provide accurate and timely financial recommendations to management for decision making purposes
* Supporting Senior Management Team and Departments heads with in-depth analysis
* Prepare presentations to Board of Directors and Senior Management Team
* Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance; MBA or CPA preferred
* 5+ years experience in Financial Planning and Analysis
* Articulate with excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Advanced Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills. Experience with multiple FP&A software tools. Familiarity with NetSuite a plus
* Highest standards of accuracy and precision; highly organized.
* Ability to think creatively, highly-driven and self-motivated
* Demonstrated ability to roll-up sleeves and work with team members in a hands-on capacity
* Experience in biotech or medical research environments highly desirable. Non-profit experience a plus, but not required.
finance, accounting, financial modeling, variance analysis, budgeting, financial planning, financial forecasting, cash flow, budget process, reporting & analysis, certified public accountant, ad hoc reporting, financial planning and analysis, microsoft excel, microsoft powerpoint