Ardagh Metal Packaging USA Inc - Reno, NV
5 days agoInternshipEstimated: $15,000 - $20,000 a year
* Associate's Degree
Are you a current college student or recent graduate looking for an internship opportunity in high speed manufacturing? Are you a business or engineering student/graduate skilled at technical writing? Are you interested in working in a clean, highly mechanized, state of the art manufacturing environment? Then read further!
Ardagh Metal Packaging-Reno is currently looking for the best in the area to join our team on a temporary/part time bases at our McCarran NV, facility located at 900 Waltham Way.
The best person will work directly for the Technical Manager to:
* Organize and maintain diagrams, sketches, operations manuals, manufacturers instructions, and engineering specifications in various databases
* Review existing SOPs with Team Members for accuracy.
* Work with Team Members to document procedures for maintaining and repairing manufacturing equipment.
* Care about the quality of our product with a deep respect for food safety and thrive with these expectations.
* Love working with others in a team environment and embrace Ardaghs Core Values with an emphasis on Dignity and Respect.
* Be a part of all Continuous Improvement strategies to ensure we are better today than we were yesterday.
* Be glad to assist with other work and projects in the facility to ensure our customers needs are always met.
Still interested? Here are some other points that you will need to know:
* We are a 24/7 facility that works rotating, 12 hour shifts. This position is scheduled for 20-30 hours a week and is flexible around school schedules. The position is temporary and project based. The length of employment will be determined by the project need.
* We produce packaging for the food industry. This means that employees will follow all Food Safety and Good Manufacturing Practices related to safe food production.
* We mechanically manipulate steel in our facility. This is a continuously loud process. Hearing protection, as part of our total PPE requirements, is used throughout our facility.
* College students with two or more years of education. Preference will be to those with educational paths relatable to our industry.
* The ability to read, write and understand Basic English at a level required for all business expectations including daily responsibilities, training and communication.
Ready to take the next step? Then apply today!
Ardagh Metal Packaging is part of Ardagh Group, a global leader in glass and metal packaging solutions, producing packaging for most of the world's leading food, beverage and consumer care brands. Ardagh operates from more than 100 locations in 24 countries, employing over 20,000 people and has global sales of over $6.5 billion. For more information about Ardagh Group, visit www.ardaghgroup.com.
Ardagh Metal Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Type: Internship
Salary: $18.00 to $19.00 /year
* Associate (Preferred)
microsoft word, leadership, communication, english, organized, determined, teamwork, social media, facebook, social networking, spanish, microsoft powerpoint, time management, critical thinking, prezi