Intern, Open Access Marketing
Company: SAGE Publications
Location: Thousand Oaks
Posted on: July 10, 2019
This is an exciting opportunity to work in a SAGE marketing department and help market SAGE's growing portfolio of Open Access journals. This department is vital to driving revenue in support of ambitious growth targets, testing new ideas, and finding the most successful ways of speaking to our target markets about our products.
This internship is paid, part time (15-25 hours per week during normal office hours). This position is anticipated to begin in September 2019 with potential to expand into spring 2020. Candidates MUST be current students able to work out of our office in Thousand Oaks, CA (remote work is not permitted).
Essential Job Functions & Responsibilities
The job functions include, but are not limited to, the following:
* A quick learner who can utilize various marketing systems with training
* A creative thinker and excellent writer who can produce or update marketing pieces
* Able to conduct market research or competitive analysis
* Able to assist staff in the implementation of marketing campaigns and make suggestions for improvement
* Ability to work with marketing communication managers and other key stakeholders to complete campaign-related documentation, such as list selection and marketing copy for email campaigns
* A good communicator who can liaise with other departments regarding creation of marketing campaigns
* Confident doing research and writing content for existing social media accounts
* Experienced using Excel to help with reporting to track Return On Investment
* An effective proofreader to ensure accuracy and maintain quality standards
Qualifications & Education
Any combination equivalent to, but not limited to, the following:
* Must be a current student working toward the completion of an undergraduate or graduate degree at an accredited college or university. Marketing, Communications, Journalism, Public Relations, Business or related course of study preferred.
* Working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs, including Excel
* Familiarity with HTML and content management systems is preferred
* Experience conducting online research is preferred
* Social media experience is preferred
* Excellent organization and time management, and the ability to handle multiple projects and shifting priorities
* Excellent written and oral communication skills
SAGE Publications is an independent international publisher of journals, books, and electronic media. Known for our commitment to quality and innovation, we are a world leader in our chosen scholarly, educational, and professional markets.Our highest priority is to make any contact you have with SAGE---whether as a book author, a journal editor, a contributor to one of our journals, a customer, or a reader---a pleasant and rewarding experience.SAGE's publishing philosophy is based on three principles:Relationships --- We depend upon the experience and expertise of the authors, editors, learned societies, colleagues, and vendors with whom we work.Vision --- We focus on anticipating and delivering what our customers want.Excellence --- We are committed to quality in all that we publish and in all that we do.
social media, public relations, market research, competitive analysis, content management systems (cms), microsoft office, microsoft excel, microsoft word, leadership, time management, editing, html, training, organization, journalism