Stanford University, United States
Updated: about 11 hours ago
Location: Stanford, CALIFORNIA
Stanford University School of Medicine, Genetics is seeking an Assistant Accountant to support the Associate Director of finance to provide accounting and finance-related support to the chair and his lab with over 100 members.
* Gather, review, compile and process proposal input form in SERA.
* Review transactions, support documents, journal postings, etc. for accuracy, consistency, authorizations and compliance. Monitor transactions in accounting systems for clearing and outstanding items.
* Work on various tasks in following categories: Preaward, annual sponsor progress report, post award (award management, labor schedules/adjustments/GFS, subcontracts, suspense / clearing accounts, A/P, VA IPAs.
* Resolve transactional inquiries, escalate broader issues.
* Respond to transactional inquiries from client groups.
* May be responsible for p-card administration, processing, travel cards, expendable reimbursements and SUNET ID sponsorships.
* Maintain accounting/finance departmental files and desktop procedures and process documents for area of responsibility. Ensure compliance with University policies, and federal regulations and requirements.
Specifically, focus in the following areas:
* Gather necessary information to complete Proposal Input Form (PIF in SERA)
* Work with lead postdoc/person on routing PIF in SERA to RMG.
* Gather all information needed for the grant. (RFA, website, equipment, facilities, PI other support, bio-sketches, in the lab and outside Genetics.)
* Draft proposal budget with minimal guidance.
* Fill out necessary forms to complete budget package for sponsor.
* Initiate and complete proposal in NIH Assist (or sponsor) website for review.
Annual sponsor progress report:
* Use eCommons to coordinate with lead scientists to complete RPPR.
* Prepare all personnel report.
* Gather all necessary documentation for progress reports (other support, etc)
* Submit early PTA requests
* Set up PTAs (and separate tasks and budgets) for new awards
Labor Schedules / Adjustments / GFS
* Clear suspense account.
* Update labor schedules, post necessary labor adjustments.
* Submit PTA update forms for postdocs for GFS entry.
* Review clearing account and update labor schedules/GFS as needed to avoid expenses hitting suspense.
* Set up subcontracts and amendments as needed in Oracle system.
* Review subcontract invoices and arrange for payment processing.
* Draft VA IPA agreements for various staff to submit to the VA for funding.
* - Other duties may also be assigned
*Other special projects/duties may also be assigned by the Associate Director of Finance
* Ability to multi task, prioritize, work in a fast paced, high stress environment with multiple conflicting deadlines.
* Remain calm professional composure in fast pace environment
* Team player, yet still able to work independently with minimal supervision
* SU experience with Sera, Ofweb as well as NIH Assist strongly desired.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (REQUIRED):
* Knowledge of basic accounting procedures.
* Ability to operate computerized office applications and accounting systems.
* Ability to clearly and effectively communicate information to internal audiences and client groups
* Constantly perform desk-based computer tasks.
* Frequently sit, sort, file paperwork or parts, grasp lightly, and use fine manipulation, lift, carry, push and pull objects that weigh 10 pounds or less.
* Occasionally write by hand, twist, bend, stoop and squat.
* Rarely stand, walk, reach or work above shoulders and use a telephone.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (REQUIRED):
High School diploma or equivalent and two years' work experience.
* - Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
May work extended hours during peak business cycles.
* Schedule: Full-time
* Job Code: 4440
* Employee Status: Regular
* Grade: E
* Department URL: http://genetics.stanford.edu/
* Requisition ID: 83822
accounting, accounts payable, budgets, finance, expenses, compliance, business, reporting, funding, oracle, administration, professional services, documentation, subcontracting, scheduling