Desktop Support Specialist - US
At Kids II, were really good at what we do. And when were great at our jobs, we help parents be great at their jobs.
Parenting is demanding, and thats where we come in. We want to reimagine how brands can make it easier for early stage parents not by just selling them products, but by providing holistic solutions that transcend borders, categories and aisles.
No matter our title or department, at Kids II, our job is to create more tiny wins for parents, so they can create bright futures for their little ones. Thats a big task!
Were serious about what we do, AND we love to have fun. Our team is hardworking, entrepreneurial, and passionate about helping families create millions, if not billions of tiny wins.
The Desktop Support Specialist provides technical support, improvement options, and troubleshooting on a variety of subjects, including operating systems, desktop business applications, various specialized applications, hardware configurations, peripheral devices, and all supporting processes.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
* Receive technical support requests and questions from worldwide end-users (internal and external) by ticket submissions, telephone calls, emails, chats, and walk-ups
* Respond to IT problems in a timely manner and enter documentation of problems into tracking system. Advise users, as appropriate, of status updates related to individual trouble tickets, system outages, and other network related conditions.
* Create and maintain a variety of computer images for Windows and Mac OS systems to be configured for use on the network
* Create and modify user accounts in Microsoft Active Directory
* Create and modify user accounts in internally customized and developed business applications
* Manage user accounts on premises and Microsoft Office 365 through mailbox migrations and license assignment
* Troubleshoot a variety of hardware, software, and network issues for Windows and Mac OS to identify and resolve end-user issues, including desktop computers, laptops, printers (local and network), other peripherals, and mobile platforms (Apple, Android, and ActiveSync devices)
* Use TeamViewer and System Center Configuration Manager to remote connect for troubleshooting and resolving offsite end-user hardware and software problems
* Install and configure software packages and hardware solutions on desktops and laptops using company standard procedures to ensure end-user productivity and efficiency
* Troubleshoot server problems (license, Citrix, printer, etc.) that affect client applications and access. Resolve issues at tier one level or refer to tier two for additional support.
* Configure user access to and support Cisco IP Telephony hardware and applications including Jabber, Call Manager, Unity, and UCCX
* Train end-users on the standard use of company equipment and best practices to ensure protection of network hardware and software
* Evaluate new hardware and software product versions and recommend upgrade or replacement based on business needs
* Work with vendors to troubleshoot and resolve issues related to their products and services
* Large format printer support including, but not limited to ink/toner replacement, clearing document jams, troubleshooting print errors, and printer calibration
* Communicate to IT management when individual user issues may be indicative of a larger critical problem (server down, network outage, etc.)
* Provide internal audio/video support, including video conferencing setup and troubleshooting
* Responsible for loaner equipment pool, Windows and virus definition updates, testing, distribution, collection of returns, and maintaining and updating equipment library
* Act as backup to Help Desk Manager for managing inbound technical requests and assigning to appropriate IT staff for troubleshooting and timely resolution
* Follow strict privacy guidelines when handling sensitive and confidential data while providing support to end-users
* May participate in after-hours maintenance for special projects
* Occasional travel for offsite hardware and software support
* Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
* 2+ years experience and/or training in hardware and software installation and troubleshooting and resolving technical problems with desktop computers, laptops, printers (local and network), and other peripherals in a Windows and Mac environment
* Extensive customer service interaction in person, by phone, and by email, with the ability to communicate technical problems and instructions to end-users in terms that are easy to understand
* Proactive problem-solving and willingness to take ownership in analyzing solutions, proposing resolutions, and ensuring implementation
* Strong written and oral communication skills
* Effectively collaborate with team members to identify, plan, and deploy technical solutions
* Ability to work through complicated tasks while paying attention to detail
* Ability to multitask and work under deadlines to complete support requests and projects
EDUCATION & SKILLS
* Technical degree or equivalent work experience
* Knowledge of commonly used concepts and procedures for installing, maintaining, and troubleshooting technology hardware and software
* Proficiency in Windows and Apple operating systems
* Working knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory in creating and modifying user accounts
* Experienced in installation and troubleshooting Microsoft Office applications
* Familiarity with mobile device hardware and software (iOS, Android, Windows Phone, etc.)
* Audio/video experience through employment and/or personal hobbies/activities
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Not required, but a plus:
* CompTIA A+
* Network +
* MTA: IT Infrastructure
Must be proficient in all areas of:
* Installing, upgrading, and maintaining hardware and software in Windows and Apple operating system environments
* Microsoft Office 2013 and later applications
* Configuring user desktop and laptop computers
* Troubleshooting to diagnose and resolve hardware and software problems
* Installation and troubleshooting of printers and scanners ranging from personal to large format
* Network connectivity configuration and support for TCP/IP, VPN clients, LAN/WAN, and wi-fi
We offer competitive pay, flexible hours, and generous benefits. Plus, to keep things fun (because we are all kids at heart), we offer a host of team member activities and philanthropic efforts throughout the year and company-wide awards and recognition for a job well done!
Check out our website at www.kidsii.com and our social media pages on LinkedIn, Facebook and Instagram for more information and open positions in the career section.
Drug Free Workplace M/F/D/V
active directory, troubleshooting, microsoft windows, technical support, operating systems, software installation, ssl vpn, citrix, it management, infrastructure management, laptops, printers, it strategy, hardware support, system center