Assistant, Procurement - Temporary
Glens Falls, NY
Assist Procurement team with managing supply chain for components, materials, services, equipment and/or supplies. Conduct system data maintenance and cleansing activities. Assist in the launch of new products as needed. Be attuned to the needs of internal and external customers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
* Assist the Procurement team with data analysis and system updates as needed.
* Work with Supplier Quality to acquire documentation where needed.
* Work with Supplier Quality on open Supplier Changes.
* Review oddities on standard cost variance reporting and report to buyer and Sourcing Manager.
* Review MRP and Min-Max Exceptions Reporting and report concerns to the buyers.
* Ensure Purchase Orders are confirmed, and data is attached to orders as needed.
* Clean up master data on Supplier level.
* Process POs and manage delivery of material as needed.
* Continuous improvement of customer service, inventory levels, and backorders.
* Participate in projects & special assignments as required.
* Identify and implement opportunities for process improvements.
* Participate in Corporate driven initiatives such as Operational Excellence and Continuous Improvement.
* May perform other duties as assigned
* Manages in order to ensure compliance with all relevant regulatory/legal requirements
QUALITY SYSTEMS DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Individual Contributor - Build Quality into all aspects of their work by maintaining compliance to all quality requirements
Education & Experience
* Associates Level of Degree in the Supply Chain or related field of study
* Equivalent work related experience acceptable in lieu of degree
* 2 (6 with HS/GED) years of demonstrated experience in manufacturing, customer service and/or supply chain functions
* APICS certification and/or Continuous improvement (Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma) certification preferred
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job:
* Work safely and follow all OSHA regulations and company safety policies and procedures.
* For all on-the-job injuries or accidents, must notify manager/supervisor immediately.
* Exposure to Standard Office, Warehouse/Distribution and Clean room environments
* Ability to frequently lift and/or move up to 15 lbs
* Ability to occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 lbs
* Ability to regularly sit or stand for extended periods of time
Type of Position
As an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer, AngioDynamics will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicants race, color, creed, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, physical and mental disability, criminal record, genetic information, predisposition or carrier status, status with respect to receiving public assistance, domestic violence victim status, a disabled, special, recently separated, active duty wartime, campaign badge, Armed Forces service medal veteran, or any other characteristics protected under applicable law.
The Company will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant.
* Extremely strong analytic skills.
* Extensive organizational and multi-tasking skills
* Highly adaptable, flexible and willing to accept new ideas, processes, and procedures
* Familiarity with inventory planning strategies
* Detail oriented and organized
* Experience with how manufacturing systems function
* Proficient in the following computer software applications: Microsoft Office
* Exceptional interpersonal skills.
* Strong organizational skills.
* Strong communication skills (written and verbal).
* Ability to effectively communication both internally and externally.
* Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance. instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
purchasing, procurement, supply chain, continuous improvement, lean manufacturing, process improvement, sourcing, customer service, six sigma, mrp, supplier development, supplier quality, materials, operational excellence, quality system