Social Media Marketing Intern
SKYE Lit Media
SKYE Lit Media is looking for a solid Social Media Marketing Intern for the Fall semester to manage the inception, development, and execution of all social strategies. Working alongside the Creative Director, you will focus on identifying new opportunities to grow engagement, promote thought leadership, and become an integral part in delivering the brand experience. This internship position is to provide students with a deep understanding of how marketing contributes to the overall success of a brand.
* Content creation and planning to build social brand advocacy and engagement programs across various social media channels to generate positive brand experience
* Write social media copy for platforms including, but not limited to, Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram, for approval by the creative director
* Day-to-day community management of social platforms including daily activity moderation on social properties. Monitor, cultivate and engage with followers on a daily basis, participating in conversations that surround our content, brand and audiences
* Develop and analyze all social media KPIs; review and report on the effectiveness of campaigns
* Create reports on trends appearing in the community space and report back to the marketing team with social metrics on a weekly and monthly basis
* Stay up-to-date on social media trends, platform changes, best practices as well as competitive landscape and communicate industry news and trends
* Currently enrolled in an accredited college or university with a focus on Marketing, Communications, or Journalism; and a strong academic record
* Demonstrated success managing social media communities (Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter) specifically with a minimum of one year experience in digital marketing or social media
* Experience with social media administrative and content management tools; HTML knowledge a plus
* Proficiency in Adobe and Google Software ( Google Docs, Google Sheets, Google calendar)
* Must have graphic design skills in Canva, Photoshop, & Illustrator
* Ability to adapt voice to meet brand guidelines and has a "good eye" to identify visual content that will resonate with followers
* An enthusiasm to learn, has creative ideas, and a web-savvy exuberance to keep up with new technologies
* Knowledge of SEO best practices and versed in blogging and forums
* Ability and desire to work at both the strategic and tactical levels
* Able to handle several projects at once both individually and with the marketing team.
* Self-starter that follows through on projects and team members in a timely manner
* Strong communication, attention to detail, and high-level organization skills.
* The internship is part-time (15-20 hrs a week) and is done remotely, and will require a reliable laptop and internet connection
* Bonus Points: Mailchimp, Wordpress, Buffer, etc.
**Internship Benefits: School Credit, full recommendation letter will be provided, and professional reference.
About SKYE Lit Media:
SKYE Lit Media is a digital content marketing firm with Social Media, Email Marketing, Graphic Design, and Content Strategy at the heart of what we do. Our mission is to help organizations to produce content that captures their audience's attention, increase engagement, and drives business results.
Headquartered in Washington, DC, we have clients throughout numerous industries, but mainly service brands focused on Wellness + Social Good, in industries such as non-profits, trade associations, social enterprises, government agencies, and much more!
Job Type: Internship
* Social Media Marketing: 1 year (Preferred)
* Illustrator: 1 year (Preferred)
* Adobe Photoshop: 1 year (Preferred)
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
* Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative
social media, social media marketing, facebook, blogging, adobe photoshop, digital marketing, wordpress, communication, seo audits, journalism, twitter, email marketing, content strategy, instagram, web content