Charlotte Event Management Internship
Mosaix Group, Inc. - Charlotte, NC
5 hours agoInternship
* High School Diploma or GED
Thank you for your interest in an internship with the Mosaix Group.
During your internship you will have the opportunity to see many facets of the meeting planning and destination management industry. You will also provide good exposure to a growing small business operation (12 - 14 employees).
Your internship will involve the following responsibilities:
* Assist with general event coordination
* Maintain filing system for vendors / venues / suppliers / etc.
* Maintain filing system for hotel information / location information
* Assemble gift baskets and other amenities
* Internet research for upcoming events
* Assist with proposals whenever possible
* Assist in drafting correspondence/flyers for events
* Assist in the creation of unique gifts/amenities (we are always open to new ideas)
* Event Staffing during events you will have the opportunity to be an event staff person, and you will be paid if the respective client is paying for staffing labor.
* Event-related errands as necessary
* Phone calls / solicitations for event-related needs / information gathering
* Assist the coordinators with the events they are planning
* Answer phones and transfer calls
* Organize and inventory props and other event-related items in the warehouse
* And much more!
Day by Day: Things change in the office daily. Each week seems to bring on a different event-related challenge. We will do our best to make sure that you can become involved in many of the duties related to events, so that you have a better understanding of the event industry. Our commitment to you is a well-rounded internship experience. You will learn a great deal!
Schedule: Your office schedule will depend on your work / school schedule. We will work around your current class / employment schedule. We require a consistent schedule in order to properly plan your work day each
week. This internship is considered a job / career by your College / University and by Mosaix Group. Please adhere to the agreed-upon schedule.
Required hours: These are typically dictated by the College or University which will be giving credits for the internship and vary by credits earned. Please provide all information related to the College / University requirements so that we can ensure that we are in full compliance.
Attire: The office is casual. Jeans, pants, etc. are appropriate. Cut-offs / revealing attire / overly casual attire is not permitted (use good judgment). During events all staff must wear the required uniform. During all meetings with clients or whenever entering a local hotel, staff must wear business casual attire or a suit if appropriate. Presentations and other events may require a business suit or a more formal type of business attire. You do not need to purchase a suit if you do not have one.
Finally - Lets have some fun! Our interns have enjoyed many opportunities for fun and laughter with our event team.
Expenses Gas stipend will be provided for fuel expenses.
Salary - This is an UNPAID internship for currently enrolled college students only or recent (last 6 months) college graduates.
Preferably looking for a candidate / intern who is interested in a career within Event Management or Hospitality Industry.
Job Type: Internship
Salary: $0.00 to $0.01 /year
* High school or equivalent (Preferred)
* Charlotte, NC (Preferred)
* Driver's (Required)
* One location
* Remote/Work from home
event management, hospitality industry, meeting planning, presentations, hotel booking, scheduling, cooking, purchasing, small business, coordination, filing, answering phones, compliance, inventory, education