Texas A&M University, United States
Updated: about 3 hours ago
Location: College Station, TEXAS
Job Type: PartTime
Texas A&M University Health Science Center
Center on Population Health & Aging
Proposed Minimum Salary
College Station, Texas
What we believe
Texas A&M University is committed to enriching the learning and working environment for all visitors, students, faculty, and staff by promoting a culture that embraces inclusion, diversity, equity, and accountability. Diverse perspectives, talents and identities are vital to accomplishing our mission and living our core values .
Who we are
As one of the fastest-growing academic health centers in the nation, the Texas A&M University Health Science Center encompasses five colleges and numerous centers and institutes working together to improve health through transformative education, innovative research and team-based health care delivery.
What we want
The Health Science Center (HSC) is looking for a Program Assistant to serve as a member of the Public Health team. We desire an individual who subscribes to and supports our commitment as stated above. The successful applicant will bring an expert level of research-related experience to the position and understand the demands of supporting executives in a fast-paced environment. This person must be professional, enjoy working in a high-volume environment and be able to apply strong organizational skills while being flexible in their daily routine. If this is you, we invite you to apply to become a member of our team.
Job Summary: This position will be responsible for assisting Center staff and directors with various programmatic duties. Primary tasks include organizing, entering, and reporting data in a highly efficient manner while upholding agreed upon data security policies. The chosen candidate will have a strong aptitude for database software, a professional demeanor, and possess excellent organization skills. To excel in this role, you should also have strong interpersonal and writing skills.
* Bachelors degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Required Special Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
* Efficient in Excel and other data management programs
* Attention to detail
* Basic statistical skills
* Good verbal and written communication skills
* Knowledge in evidence-based programs
* Knowledge of word processing and spreadsheet applications. Verbal and written communication skills.
* Ability to multi-task and work cooperatively with others
* Bachelors or Masters degree in Public Health or other Social Science
* Data Management and Data Entry Experience
* Experience working with diverse individuals and communities
* Data collection, entry, and management. Generate reports for community partners and funders. Assists with proposal development and monitors program budget.
* Serves as point of contact for program information and coordinates responses to requests for program information. Communicates with participants for programs.
* Researches and recommends changes to existing program. Creates, establishes and maintains program files, databases, correspondence and program materials. Organizes and prepares recruitment materials.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
Instructions to Applicants: Applications received by Texas A&M University must either have all job application data entered or a resume attached. Failure to provide all job application data or a complete resume could result in an invalid submission and a rejected application. We encourage all applicants to upload a resume or use a LinkedIn profile to pre-populate the online application.
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institutions verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institutions procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.
research, microsoft excel, microsoft word, data entry, history, education, data collection, written and verbal communication, written communication, writing, recruiting, public health, healthcare, organization, databases