Production Specialist , Haas Core Programs -
University of California Berkeley - Berkeley, CA4.2
Full-time$20 - $26 an hour
* Bachelor's Degree
The University of California, Berkeley, is one of the worlds most iconic teaching and research institutions. Since 1868, Berkeley has fueled a perpetual renaissance, generating unparalleled intellectual, economic and social value in California, the United States and the world. Berkeleys culture of openness, freedom and acceptanceacademic and artistic, political and culturalmake it a very special place for students, faculty and staff.
Berkeley is committed to hiring and developing staff who want to work in a high performing culture that supports the outstanding work of our faculty and students. In deciding whether to apply for a staff position at Berkeley, candidates are strongly encouraged to consider the alignment of the Berkeley Workplace Culture with their potential for success at http://jobs.berkeley.edu/why-berkeley.html.
Application Review Date
The First Review Date for this job is: July 23, 2019
The Haas School Business (Berkeley Haas) is one of the pre-eminent business schools in the world. The school employs ~ 80 FTE ladder faculty, 130 professional faculty and 230 FTE staff serving 2,200 students in six degree programs three of which are self-supporting. In addition, the school is home to a strong and growing Executive Education unit which serves both domestic and international executives. Berkeley Haas supports a multitude of research, teaching and public service institutes as well as two research laboratories, the Long Business Library, and an on-site caf�. Staff is organized across many functions including admissions, career services, computing, financial aid, student affairs, payroll, business services and facilities. The school provides business and financial leadership/expertise to the campus and is served by an international advisory board of business and industry leaders. The schools annual budget is in excess of $150 million and boasts an endowment of more than $300 million. The complexities of the schools finances include non-state funded faculty FTE, self-funded degree programs (and corresponding independent fee approval and registration processes), over 300 funds of all types (central, student fees, recharge, gifts, endowments (held at both the Regents and Berkeley Foundation) contracts and grants), and multiple loan programs some of which are self-funded and insured. Further, the Berkeley Haas senior staff, Dean, faculty and advisory board demand robust year-end financial statements. In short, the school has the highest standards for financial management AND it has an incredibly complex professional school financial system given the unique activities of the school.
Involves planning, scheduling, and coordinating various aspects of the print and electronic content for CMR & BHCS, including manuscripts and promotional materials. Confers with writer/editors, communications design specialists, web programming specialists, and related staff in the preparation of content for these publications..
* Under supervision, provides estimates on resource allocation, prioritization and timing for moderately complex production, exhibit, and/or publications projects
* Provides research assistance and other support for publication development efforts
* Develops and maintains up-to-date resource files with information on projects and industry trends relevant to publication needs
* Maintains a metadata and copyright permission delivery, cataloging, and storage system
* Confers with writer/editors and related staff to understand publication needs and report daily status of work progress or delays
* Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
* Working knowledge of production processes and vendor requirements for a variety of products.
* Working knowledge of applicable publishing software applications.
* Working knowledge to maintain databases for desktop publishing and file storage.
* Skills to effectively produce written and visual materials that meet and satisfy the needs of the client.
* Interpersonal communications skills to interact effectively with a variety of clients, support staff and vendors.
* Skills in collaboration to best meet goals and objectives of clients and unit production schedule.
* Bachelors degree in related area and/or equivalent experience/training
Salary & Benefits
This is a non-exempt, bi-weekly paid position. Hourly pay is commensurate with experience, within the range of $20.00 - $26.00 per hour.
For information on the comprehensive benefits package offered by the University visit:
How to Apply
Please submit your cover letter and resume as a single attachment when applying.
Conviction History Background
This is a designated position requiring fingerprinting and a background check due to the nature of the job responsibilities. Berkeley does hire people with conviction histories and reviews information received in the context of the job responsibilities. The University reserves the right to make employment contingent upon successful completion of the background check.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. For more information about your rights as an applicant see: http://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf
For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy see:
leadership, microsoft word, training, html, databases, storage, production, teaching, finance, writing, laboratory skills, professional services, servers, programming, contract management