Matrix Design Group
Colorado Springs, CO
Matrix Design Group, Inc., an employee-owned planning, engineering and environmental consulting firm is actively searching for a Landscape Architect in our Colorado Springs office.
Responsible for assisting in preparing plans and documents for a wide range of project types including; parks, downtown streetscape, waterfronts, master planned communities, urban redevelopment, detailed planting plans and resorts.
* Preparation of conceptual, schematic and design development documents for a variety of site development project types.
* Preparation of project graphics and 3D digital visualization utilizing a variety of CAD-based platforms is required and preparation of freehand graphics for conceptual and schematic design communication is preferred.
* Preparation of site development quantities and construction cost estimates.
* Preparation of project presentation plans, drawings, and project graphics.
* Preparation of document revisions for final submittal/presentation.
* Assistance to mid and senior level staff in preparing project submittals and presentation materials.
* High degree of demonstrated proficiency with AutoCAD, Sketch Up, Adobe Creative Suite, and related CAD-based and 3D rendering programs.
* Understanding and familiarity with Lumion 3D rendering software and similar applications is highly desirable.
* Capability to hand draw and illustrate conceptual and schematic site details.
Education and Experience:
* Undergraduate or graduate degree in Landscape Architecture, Architecture, Urban Design and/or Planning.
* Landscape Architectural Registration is highly desired but not required.
* One to three (1-3) years of professional experience in the private and/or public sector with references.
* Valid driver's license, in conjunction with successfully passing the Companys MVR.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
landscape architecture, urban design, autocad, parks, streetscape, submittals, adobe creative suite, architectural design, planting plans, sketching, concept design, cad, master planning, site development, design development