# HRIS Specialist, Human Resources
**Job Summary: **
The overall purpose of this position is to support the servicedelivery of HCM
systems primarily concentrating on the data accuracy,reporting, integrations,
system processes and user acceptance testing for enhancement,maintenance and
support activities of the primary HRIS system. This position will ensure
information isbeing documented and consistently recorded in HRIS system and
relatedsystems. Assists in the gathering ofbusiness requirements and business
process analysis for all the HR clientcommunities and financial reporting.
This position works with all functions of HR in carrying out systemrelated
processes, acts as the functional expert in providing guidance oncurrent
system processes and principles. He or she is an integral part of ateam that
continuously examines and improves HR workflow processes andtechnologies to
better utilize available resources. His/her work directly impacts the
reputationof the HR department within the client communities.
The incumbent in this position is primarily responsible for workingwith all
functions of HR in carrying out system related processes; acts as
thefunctional expert in providing guidance on current system processes
andprinciples. He or she is an integralpart of a team that continuously
examines and improves HR workflow processesand technologies to better utilize
available resources. He or she is also responsible for HRISprojects as
defined by HR Management including new module enhancements,implementations and
launches. He/she will continuously build system andtechnology knowledge
through research and training.
The role typically reports to the Manager, HRIS & Analytics andworks as an
individual contributor under general daily supervision.
Specific duties include but are notlimited to:
* Administers theHRIS system, which includes evaluation, analysis and maintenance of the FusionHCM system to ensure consistency accuracy and integrity of employee data;
* Participates inthe gathering of requirements for new or changing functionality
* Is a keycontributor to the release User Acceptance testing (UAT) for Fusion HCM andTaleo
* Coordinates projectsand tasks and executes related to process analysis, documentation and use, aswell as during technology introductions and upgrades;
* Creates and/ormaintains HR workflow processes; Compiles and documents statistical andtechnical data;
* Builds andsustains internal and external client relationships to ensure that the needs ofinternal and external clients are met;
* Identifies andanalyzes issues or concerns and make recommendation to his/her manager forproper actions;
* MaintainsWorkforce Planning intranet using our Content Management System, Life Ray to provide updates to design and page content whenrequired;
* Uses Fusion HCM andother HR application/systems to provide centralized support services to clients,such as employment verifications, names changes, etc.
* Interprets andevaluates business rules and departmental processes and practices and fromhis/her experience, recommends improvements that will more efficiently andeffectively meet HR client needs.
* Uses tools thatyield statistics to quantify the effectiveness of the technologies and servicesoffered from human resources;
* Supports arobust risk management and regulatory compliance program through the regularuse of statistics and benchmarks
* Acts as thebackup for delivering key metric reports such as the Headcount Report and the Quarterly ExecutiveHR Metrics Report;
* Acts as liasonto HRIS system support, with the knowledge of system rules and securityprotocols to reset passwords, respond appropriately to scheduled or ad-hocreport requests in accordance with established SLAs;
* Identifies anduses the correct process to follow in adding new records, updating andterminating existing records based on a specific employment activity (e.g. hiring,rehiring, classification changes, termination, etc.)
* Through anautomated process updates the regular HR report servicing departments acrossthe organization, including HR employee ID report, etc.
**Education and Experience:**
* Bachelorsdegree preferably in a relevant field or have equivalent working experience
* Must have or bewilling to pursue a PHR certification in Human Resources
* Must have 4years of business experience and at least 2 years of experience specializing in a Human Resources function
**Skills &Other Requirements:**
* Experience withOracle Fusion HCM strongly preferred
* Must betechnically savvy with proficiency in MS Office Suite - Word, PowerPoint,and Excel (including Vlookup, Pivot tables,etc.), Access, Gmail and Google Drive.
**For information on work demands andconditions required for this position, please consult the reference document, Physical,Mental, and Work Environment Standards for IEEE Positions. This position is classified under ****Category I office positions**
**IEEE is an EEO/AAP Employer/ProtectedVeteran/Disabled**
**Disclaimer:** This job description outlines the generalnature and key features performed by various positions that share the same jobclassification. It is not designed tocontain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties andqualifications required of all employees assigned to the job. Nothing in this job description restrictsmanagements right to assign or re-assign duties to this job at any time due toreasonable accommodations or other business reasons.
**Primary Location: **United States-New Jersey-Piscataway
**Work Locations: **
**Job: **HR Info Systems
**Organization: **Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers
**Job Type: **Regular
**Job Posting: **Jul 3, 2019, 1:54:01 AM
human resources, hris, training, organization, documentation, metrics, eeo, job description development, employment verifications, hr management, phr, job postings, microsoft excel, microsoft word, microsoft powerpoint