Marketing Communications Creative Specialist - HigherEdJobs
Skip to main content
* Job Search
* Four-Year Institutions
* Two-Year Institutions
* All Institutions
* Institutional Profiles
* Dual Career
* Today's Jobs
* Diversity & Inclusion
* Advanced Search
* My Account
* Account Home
* Job Agents
* Other Documents
* Account Information
* Sign In
* News & Resources
* Advice & News
* Higher Ed Careers
* Author in Residence
* Employment Report
* News Releases
* Career Resources
* Salary Data
* Job Search Tips
* Resume/CV Writing
* Diversity Resources
* Search Firms
* Employer Home
* Post a Single Job
* Job Packs
* Unlimited Postings
* All Products
* Pay Your Invoice
* Sign In
* Job Listings
* Job Detail
Marketing Communications Creative Specialist
Admin - Communications, Marketing, and Public Affairs
Marketing Communications Creative Specialist
The faculty and staff are the heart and soul of Washburn University. It is all of us together, engaging our students, that makes us who we are. And, together, we create a brighter future for our students and for the region. We are a public university, independently governed and state coordinated. Our 160 acre campus is one of the crown jewels of Topeka, Kansas with state of the art facilities. In fact, visitors often assume that we are a much more expensive private school rather than an affordable, public institution.
We want to recruit and retain the very best people and that is why we offer competitive wages and an excellent benefits program. At Washburn, we want you to have a dynamic and rewarding career along with a healthy work/life balance. For more information visit https://www.washburn.edu/jobs.
Act as primary designer of SOL's print and digital communication materials, including but not limited to brochures, invitations, newsletters, print and digital ads, event programs, emails, and social media graphics, for departments within the SOL and the Law Clinic.
Essential Job Functions of Position:
* Write, edit, fact-check and format copy for use on the website, in press releases, in e-mail correspondence, and in printed publications for the Washburn University School of Law (SOL) to ensure communications are accurate, clear, and consistent in tone and voice. Create and maintain working relationships with faculty, staff, students and alumni to obtain information and or conduct interviews for print or digital materials.
* Maintain social media publication schedule and podcast to ensure timely and consistent content creation and audience engagement.
* Measure social media engagement through available metrics and adjust content accordingly
* Assist staff in the development, scheduling, and distribution of communication materials for internal and external communication efforts.
* Maintain and/or hone schools brand with respect to university brand standards, edit communication materials for consistency with established style guide, and share usage of correct brand standards with faculty, staff, and students.
* Update information and/or edit information on the SOLs website to ensure all information is current and consistent with the law schools standards.
* Assist with creation of photographic and video projects by taking photographs or video as needed, directing photographers, editing content firsthand, and/or overseeing and providing feedback on staff projects.
* Design and format email communications to identified groups such as prospective students, alumni, and other audiences to provide up-to-date or developing information according to individual interest and involvement with the school
* Stay up-to-date on current communication and marketing trends in both higher education and the law school community; utilize best practices to keep the law schools voice and materials current.
* Perform additional job related duties as assigned or appropriate including but not limited to serving as backup to the Director of Marketing Communications at times when that individual is unavailable.
Education and Experience:
* Bachelors degree in public relations, marketing, publication design, graphic design, writing, editing, or related field.
* Work experience in public relations, marketing, publication design, graphic design, writing, editing, and/or related field.
* Preferred: Five years of experience in Communications, Marketing, Mass Media, Journalism or related.
Licenses, Certifications & Registrations:
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
* Ability to maintain confidentiality and work independently and as a team player with initiative and professional attitude.
* Effective computer skills and ability to learn new technologies. Proven skills in Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative Suite.
* Effective organizational skills with proven ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks successfully with impeccable attention to detail.
* Preferred: Proven skills in database management and web maintenance programs. Experience using social media in a professional setting.
Additional Requirements (e.g. Physical Demands):
Advertised Pay Information: mid to upper $30K
To apply, visit https://washburn.peopleadmin.com/postings/1764
Washburn is an EOE and dedicated to providing a student-centered and teaching focused academic environment and a curriculum that engages the diversity of human experience across the globe. We seek candidates who are committed to Washburns efforts to create a climate that fosters the growth and development of a diverse student body, and we encourage applications from members of groups that have been historically underrepresented in higher education. Application materials should clearly articulate how the candidate will contribute to the Universitys commitment to diversity and inclusion through their teaching, research, and/or service.
Washburn University provides equal access to and opportunity in its programs, facilities, and employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status, or marital or parental status.
marketing communications, social media, advertising, public relations, event management, editing, press releases, newsletters, internal communications, brand development, web content, journalism, brochures, publications, content writing