AMP - New York, NY
Full-timeEstimated: $34,000 - $45,000 a year
* Bachelor's Degree
* Computer Skills
* Writing Skills
We are seeking a full-time Editorial Assistant for our New York office. This is an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic and detail-oriented individual to broaden his/her horizons with a rapidly growing company. You will work closely with the UK office, and will be responsible for:
* Acting as a first point-of-contact between authors and the company
* Reviewing authors samples and requesting more work, if necessary
* Importing, uploading and maintaining author details and submissions onto a comprehensive database
* Providing a high-level of support for all potential authors during the entire process, from submission to publication
* Speaking to authors on the phone and over email about their work
* Other general administrative tasks
The ideal candidate will have:
A base understanding of the publishing industry, and willingness to learn and develop that understanding so author queries can be dealt with in a timely and comprehensive manner.
A desire for a career in publishing. The office is in its start-up stages, and requires someone who is an adaptable and quick-learner with a passion for the field, and is proactive and willing to take on other responsibilities as needed.
Polite, pleasant, and patient telephone manner, even in challenging situations where a problem arises.
A proactive attitude and the ability to work and find work unsupervised, as well as the ability to multitask and allocate tasks so that workload is completed within certain time frames.
Extremely proficient and skilled in both written and spoken English.
On the spot problem solving skills in order to address a variety of challenges.
College degree desired, preferably in English or a related field, or an equivalent combination.
Education and experience:
Skills and Experience: Excellent working knowledge of printing and publishing. Excellent keyboarding and other computer skills. Excellent command of vocabulary, spelling, grammar and writing skills.
This is a very exciting opportunity to grow and develop in a rapidly expanding company.
Job Type: Full-time
Job Type: Full-time
* Publishing: 1 year (Preferred)
* Editorial: 1 year (Preferred)
editing, editorial, publishing, writing, grammar, english, sales, organization, problem solving, education, acting, printing, career development, detail oriented, spelling