GE Renewable Energy
Renewable Energy Engineering Technology
The Repair Technology team is responsible for the creation of methods, processes and tools that are utilized to install, maintain and service Wind Turbines. The Repair Engineer will develop repair scopes and tooling in one of two focus areas: Lifcecycle or Services RTS. This includes design for serviceability, installation tooling, baseline capability, productivity, uptower repairs, etc. The role is essentially 80% design/project management / documentation and 20% shop testing / validation.
As the Repair Engineer, you will:
* Design, develop and validate tools / repair processes meeting customer and business requirements. Prove out safety and functionality
* Test and validate repair / replacement procedures on the shop floor; both freestanding components and inside complete wind turbine machine heads
* Work cross functionally with Deployment Leaders and Field Engineers to prove out safety and functionality
* Own the design of innovative repair solutions and ensure adherence to engineering standards
* Follow the teams design quality standards and best practices to fully document through Design Reviews, eDRB, PLM, Handoff Packages, etc.
* Support shop operation and development as appropriate rigging and disassembly of components, prototyping, validation testing, organization, etc.
* Bachelors Degree in Engineering (Mechanical, Industrial, Civil or equivalent)
* Strong oral and written communication skills
* Ability to write detailed work instructions
* PC proficiency (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Access)
* Proven record of being team oriented and results driven
* Ability to work in a dynamic environment with a wide variety of organizations and individuals in global locations
* Ability and willingness to challenge status quo, without allegiance to past or current practices and technology, to get to the best GE products
* Desire to experiment and prototype new solutions
* Creative and open mindset
* Proven project, program leadership experience
* Ability and willingness to support physical necessity of shop-work (i.e., handling rigging, visual inspection, etc.)
* Strong interpersonal skills
* Familiarity with industrial tooling
* Familiarity with basic Engineering principles
* Demonstrated technical, analytical and problem-solving skills with simple, creative solutions
* Ability and willingness to travel globally up to 15% of the time
* Ability and willingness to climb wind turbines and work at heights
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses, follow us on twitter: @gecareers
GE Renewable Energy harnesses the earths most abundant resources the strength of the wind, the heat of the sun and the force of water to power the worlds biggest economies and the most remote communities.
With an innovative spirit and an entrepreneurial mindset, we engineer energy products and digital services that create industry-leading value for our customers around the world.
We see the promise of renewable energy everywhere we look. Our team has the courage, scale, passion, diversity and resourcefulness needed to deliver that promise wherever and however the world needs it.
Together with our customers, were proving that no one ever has to choose between affordable, reliable, or sustainable energy.
We are unleashing limitless energy.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
completion, mechanical engineering, renewable energy, testing, project management, microsoft excel, microsoft word, microsoft powerpoint, leadership, energy management, water management, problem solving, economics, safety, microsoft access