Literature and Production Manager Marketing
The marketing Literature and Production Manager will work closely with Moens internal creative team serving two core functions on the internal creative team project production and literature (catalog) creation/management. This role will possess and utilize strong technical aptitude as well as creative management skills, work well under deadlines, and be able to manage multiple projects in parallel.
This position drives the timely and cost-effective production of materials while ensuring the highest standards of quality control. She/he manages, organizes, and monitors the flow of certain produced materials including literature, packaging, and other creative mediums. A central responsibility of this position includes Moens annual literature (catalog) management and production. This person is responsible for the confirmation of product specifications, revisions and adjustments including deletions and additions, oversight of creative output, file management and archiving, maintaining and coordinating the literature schedules, and ensuring deadlines are met. Additionally, this position will interface with a variety of internal stakeholders, outside vendors, printers, and agency partners.
* Manage and approve a variety of production schedules, revisions, specifications, and internal budgets to support the creation of Moens core literature/catalogs and supplemental literature both in print and in digital formats.
* Own the literature creation process and schedule; communicate this openly with the business and executional partners and manage deadlines, deliverables and all expectations well in advance.
* Collaborate with internal and external partners to develop accurate and complete job specifications and take each assignment through to finish. Resolve all conflicts in client-supplied information.
* Help standardize, translate and validate complex data with internal and external stakeholders - including product attributes, style names, finishes, sizes, pricing and materials.
* Work in conjunction with IT, Sales, Customer Service and Moens fulfillment partner to facilitate efficient and effective annual forced literature distribution.
* Manage the financial spend for literature, including all paper, production, design, distribution and fulfillment; responsible for accurate forecasting, estimating and validating spend; Issue purchase orders and contracts, as appropriate.
* Bring new ideas and fresh perspective to all facets of the Moen Literature process, while being open and interested in learning the reasons for and perspective on the current literature process and ecosystem.
* Maintain existing catalog products by correcting errors as they are reported or discovered or revise product definitions as a result of production engineering changes.
Project Production: (including catalogs)
* Facilitate and coordinate the production workflow of creative projects, including print production, distribution, job completion notification and asset archiving within Moens Digital Asset Management system. (DAM).
* Upload, save and archive assets within Moens Digital Asset Management system; serve as a trained power-user for this DAM.
* Proactively manage expectations regarding all production activity, including the communication of designers requirements with production vendors. Communicate status, including any deviations to timing and workflow.
* Review color with designer(s) and vendor(s), both virtually with print samples, and attending press checks as needed. Work with foreign and domestic printing partners to ensure color tolerances are met within Moens established standards.
* Monitor and maintain production standards for internal and external stakeholders and production partners; facilitate annual check-ins on specifications and standards.
* Perform quality checks on printed materials, literature and digital content to ensure all project specifications are met before routing for review. Check all copy and images on proofs; Validate all content for accuracy and completeness.
* Work closely with the Marketing Traffic Coordinator to ensure jobs are delivered on time and on budget, while recommending efficient, time-saving project production flows.
* Bachelors degree in Communications, Advertising, Marketing, Design or a related discipline is required
* Minimum of 5 years of experience, preferably managing literature or catalog projects, or large scale production projects, in a creative internal or agency atmosphere is required
* Proven understanding of print and production processes including file collection, sharing, specification and delivery
* Proficiency in software applications such as PowerPoint, Excel and Word; Confident working in a Digital Asset Management system, and within project management tools/software
* Demonstrated understanding of process management principles, including strong attention to detail and ability to manage multiple projects, timelines and deliverables from multiple stakeholders, simultaneously
* Demonstrated ability to track, analyze and interpret business inputs and data
* Strong presentation skills a plus; excellent interpersonal communication skills a must; with significant opportunities for job growth and internal visibility
* Strong organization, communications, and coordination skills; must be very detail-oriented
* Shows perseverance in pursuit of business, group and personal objectives
advertising, web content, creativity, digital asset management, printing, marketing, project management, customer service, microsoft powerpoint, microsoft excel, microsoft word, sales, packaging, budgets, presentations