Sr Financial Analyst - Cost and Profitability
The Cost and Profitability Analyst II is responsible for analyzing and communicating the implications of product and member trends as they relate to the long range strategic positioning of BECU.nbsp; This person will also be responsible for the development and delivery of product, member and delivery channel profitability information, as well as an understanding of Activity Based Costing (ABC) and its implications in long-term competitive positioning. The Cost and Profitability Analyst II has the responsibility of assisting other Finance department staff, as necessary.
* Perform all responsibilities in accordance with BECU Competencies and Information Protection requirements.
* Maintain the profitability model in order to support the aggregation of line of business, product, member, and delivery channel information, which in turn, supports forecasting multi-year margin, returns and capital adequacy.
* Maintain necessary databases supporting the cost, profitability and pricing models.
* Maintain ABC-themed costing activities and transaction-driven cost and revenue allocation methodologies.
* Provide, disseminate and support Line of Business profitability results to management on a monthly basis.
* Support the preparation of financial reports/projections, for new and/or existing products and services.
* Gather, analyze, and present information to assist in the long range strategic positioning of the Credit Unions product structure relative to margins, returns, capital and member value.
* Prepare monthly management reports, including the preparation of new reports as requested by the Board or management.
* Provide recommendations and information support for modifications to the Credit Union's pricing, product structure, margin and capital adequacy to the Vice President, FPamp;A and the CFO.
* Maintain an understanding of the asset/liability position of the Credit Union through the review of model information, product return analysis, and member demographic trends.
* Maintain a good working relationship with internal partners in formulating, managing, adjusting and supporting product, membership and financial strategies.
* Participate in working groups when assigned by the Manager, Cost amp; Profitability
* Perform ad-hoc analyses and forecasts on various product line, member relationship, delivery channel and member value-enhancing initiatives/ideas.
* Ensure that written procedures are documented for all functions within the area of responsibility, and update as necessary, to provide staff with instruction and guidelines for daily operations.
* Maintain an understanding of asset/liability management issues.
* Maintain effective communication with all Credit Union employees to ensure coordination and exchange of information for accomplishing Credit Union goals
* For the purpose of attaining Credit Union goals, it is the responsibility of each employee to strive for the continuous improvement of processes and quality of service.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
* Excellent PC skills (Microsoft Office, Access, database management, Excel, Word), with the ability to learn new software quickly.
* Experience utilizing SAS Data Integration Studio, SAS Cost and Profitability Management, and SAS Enterprise Guide preferred
* Ability to understand/challenge strategies based upon financial and market metrics.nbsp;
* Ability to work independently and as a team member while using discretion in decision making and sound judgment in problem solving.
* Good verbal and written skills to effectively communicate complex financial issues in the English language.
* Ability to plan, organize and implement multiple projects.
* Full time hours required, with additional hours as necessary to accomplish objectives, goals, and projects.
* Bachelors degree in business administration, finance, accounting or economics or equivalent work or education experience.
* Minimum five to seven years of related experience, including financial modeling responsibilities, in a financial institution, or comparable work experience preferred.
* CPA/MBA preferred or continuing education towards CPA/MBA requirements.
* Experience participating on project teams.
BECU is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected status.
Posted 3 Days AgoFull timeR-02379
From our very beginning, BECU has been about people helping people. As a financial services cooperative, our purpose has and always will be the same: we work together to best serve our members and improve the financial well-being of our community. More than 80 years and one million members later, we're still rooted in our values, practices and mission - and even more passionate about our future.
As one of the nation's leading credit unions, we're not driven by profit. We're owned by our members and their interests are at the core of everything we do. Now we're growing faster than ever before--but we'll never forget our roots. To continue doing right by our members, we believe we must first do right by our people. Here, you'll receive the resources and support you need to learn, grow and build a meaningful career. Because we know it's our people who make us special.
forecasting, finance, analysis, financial reporting, accounting, financial modeling, financial services, economics, certified public accountant, activity based costing, capital, microsoft excel, microsoft office, microsoft word, microsoft access