Manufacturing Engineering Technician II
Job Locations US-CA-Laguna Hills
Sonendo, Inc. is a privately-held, venture-backed company with a unique mission to lead the transformation of endodontics through Sound Sciencereg;. We are currently building a high-performance team with a passion for creativity and innovation that is committed to collaboration and integrity. We believe our success is based on always being at least one step ahead of our competitors, and we strive to achieve excellence in our products and services by attracting energetic, entrepreneurial individuals who are committed to this vision.
Responsible for assisting manufacturing engineers in the completion of tasks and projects as they relate to Sonendorsquo;s manufacturing activities.
* Assist in the development and refinement of manufacturing processes.
* Assist engineers with IQ, OQ and PQ including writing of protocols and reports.
* Interface with vendors as required.
* Assist manufacturing engineers and production personnel in resolving production issues as they arise. (Sustaining engineering)
* Produce manufacturing drawings and documentation.
* Design and build production fixtures and tools as required.
* In conjunction with manufacturing engineers and production supervisors, provide process training for new processes.
* Provide support during new product design and transfer.
* In conjunction with manufacturing engineers, perform root cause and failure analysis as required.
* Requires a high school degree or equivalent. An AS in engineering technology is preferred.
* 2-5 years experience as an engineering technologist is preffered.
* Medical device manufacturing experience essential; Plastic part assy, metal machining, fluidics knowledge, low volume - high pressure fluid systems desirable.
* Knowledge of ISO and FDA requirements as they relate to manufacturing.
* Functional with Solidworks, Microsoft Project, Microsoft Word and Excel.
* Knowledge of machine shop practices desirable
* Must be a hands-on problem solver.
* Must have demonstrated cross-functional team effectiveness with excellent interpersonal and written communication skills.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Position is primarily sedentary and employee may be required to sit for extended periods of time. Standing, walking and meeting activities are required frequently throughout the workday. Employee must be able to process paperwork and utilize office equipment (including personal computer, phone, copiers, etc.). A large portion of the day is spent communicating orally in person and by phone. Normal sight or corrected vision is required to read documents and use standard computer terminals. Some light lifting may be occasionally required.
Sonendo offers a competitive benefits package and a collaborative, motivating work environment where you will be encouraged to innovate continuously; This is a place where you will be encouraged to actively participate, and your ideas can have a direct impact on the success of the organization. If you are interested in applying for this position, please apply online.
No recruiters, please.
Sonendo, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer
root cause analysis, product development, fda, manufacturing engineering, failure analysis, iso, solidworks, machining, production, completion, microsoft excel, microsoft word, cross-functional team leadership, training, documentation