Human Resources Intern - Fall 2019
Job Locations US-CA-Los Angeles
Centric Brands is a leading lifestyle brands collective, bringing together creative minds from the worlds of fashion and commerce, sourcing, technology, marketing and digital. We design, produce, manage and build kidrsquo;s wear and womenrsquo;s and menrsquo;s accessories and apparel and distribute our products across all retail and digital channels in North America and in international markets.We also license over 100 brands across our core product categories including kidrsquo;s, womenrsquo;s and menrsquo;s accessories and apparel. Our company-owned brands are Hudsonreg;, a designer and marketer of women's and men's premium, branded denim and apparel, Robert Grahamreg;, a sophisticated, eclectic apparel and accessories brand seeking to inspire a global movement, and SWIMSreg;, a Scandinavian lifestyle brand best known for its range of fashion-forward, water-friendly footwear, apparel and accessories. We employ approximately 4,000 employees in offices inNew York City, Los Angeles, Greensboro, N.C. and Montreal, and in stores throughout North America.
All interns will be given the opportunity to work in a fast paced and dynamic business environment, as well as work on hands on projects that will fully prepare them for their future careers.
We are currently hiring for Interns to join us in our corporate offices in Los Angeles, CA! All intern applicants must be in good academic standing.
Interns will work closely with the Human Resources team they are matched with in order to assist with daily tasks and projects including:
* Provide support in daily function of HR
* Assist in verifying I-9 Employment Eligibility documents
* Research developments in Employment and Labor Law
* Research and complete Employment Verifications for Corporate and Retail Divisions
* Organize Unemployment Insurance Claims
* Organize and archive personnel files per Federal and State Regulations
* Facilitate various requests from other departments within the company
* Work on special projects as needed
Skills and Requirements
* Must be studying a degree in Human Resources, Business Administration and/or a related field
* Must have experience in handling highly sensitive information and a keen sense of confidentiality
* Intermediate experience with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint)
* Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment
* Highly organized and deadline-oriented with ability to prioritize
* Ability to multi-task in a team-oriented environment and think outside the box
* Ability to interface with all levels of management
human resources, microsoft powerpoint, microsoft word, microsoft outlook, sourcing, hiring, employment law, team-oriented, creativity, confidentiality, job postings, employment verifications, business administration, organized, microsoft office