Global Connected Customer Experience - Intern - Bachelors - Global Business Operations - GCC0001880
Job Code Number
We're dedicated to achieving our vision of a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion. We are looking for people who are passionate about helping us create safer, better and more sustainable solutions for personal mobility. Our bold vision won't happen overnight, but just as we transformed how the world moved in the last century, we are committed to transforming how we move today and in the future.
Why Work for Us
Our culture is focused on building inclusive teams, where differences and unique perspectives are embraced so you can contribute to your fullest potential as you pursue your career. Our locations feature a variety of work environments, including open work spaces and virtual connection platforms to inspire productivity and flexible collaboration. And we are proud to support our employees volunteer interests, and make it a priority to join together in efforts that give back to our communities.
GM's Global Connected Customer Experience (GCCX) group leads the transformation of the digital automotive customer ownership experience, including the strategy, programs and infrastructure to provide customers with the best ownership and care experiences in the industry. In addition, the team develops the strategy and go-to-market initiatives for GM's global portfolio of connectivity and infotainment products and services. Also, growing and expanding the industry-leading OnStar connectivity, safety and security, service business across all of GM's regions falls under GCCX.
GM's Urban Mobility team in charge of developing and implementing the car and ride sharing strategy and consumer and commercial service portfolio delivered through the Maven brand and business are part of the GCCX group as well.
ABOUT THE INTERNSHIP:
There are multiple opportunities for our intern based on their skillset and interests. Examples include:
- Test Manager for a Release
- Quality Coach
- Improvements in Process and Documentation (Create Automated Tableaux Reports, Hardware Inventory, Lab Process, Onboarding Guide, etc...)
- Integration of Global Command Centers to a Single Location
- Enhancement and Automation Command Center Technologies
- Currently pursuing a Bachelors degree
- Must have a minimum of a 3.0 overall GPA on a 4.0 scale
- Preferred graduation year: 2021 or 2022
- Demonstrates leadership in field of study, extra-curricular activities or service organizations
- Able to work full-time - 40 hours per week during the summer months
- Prior internship experience!
- Experience/Understanding with tools such as ALM, SharePoint, Tableaux
- Databases: Access, Oracle, SQL Server, DB2
- Experience/Understanding with either real time or batch systems
- Understanding of Testing, Contact Center / Service Level Management, Business Operations
- Holds themselves and others accountable for demonstrating GM's values and cultural behaviors. Models GM behaviors and creates a winning culture. Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Outstanding interpersonal and relationship management skills with the ability to effectively collaborate with varying levels of the organization as needed
- High level of integrity, ability to deal with ambiguity, takes initiative/self-directed
- Ability to clearly communicate with peers, business analysts, and subject matter experts
- High tolerance for working in a dynamic and shifting environment and able to readily embrace and participate in change initiatives
- Strong analytical, organizational and project management skills
- Highly analytical and solution orientated
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Consistently demonstrates innovative thinking and problem-solving skills that are customer-centric
GM's global headquarters in Detroit, MI
PLEASE ONLY APPLY IF YOU DO NOT NEED SPONSORSHIP TO WORK IN THE UNITED STATES NOW OR IN THE FUTURE. WE ARE UNABLE TO CONSIDER CANDIDATES WHO REQUIRE SPONSORSHIP.
Detroit, MI 48208
Job Code Number
Business Operations Specialists, All Other
High School Diploma/Equivalency
tableau, microsoft word, leadership, project management, microsoft access, problem solving, organization, databases, relationship management, microsoft sharepoint, microsoft sql server, sponsorship, focus, innovation, innovative thinking