McDonough Bolyard Peck - Chesapeake, VA3.9
15 hours agoFull-timeEstimated: $23,000 - $33,000 a year
* Construction Inspection
* Construction Experience
* Microsoft Publisher
* Microsoft Powerpoint
Summer 2019 Interns
Co-ops/Interns will potentially gain experience in on-site construction inspection, documentation, research, computer applications, scheduling, cost estimating, plans and specifications, project close-out, report development, and safety.
Primary function is to assist in the daily operations of the MBP team, while gaining experience and engineering knowledge for professional development.
Responsible for assisting the team in the preparation of proposals (quality take-offs), maintaining project documentation (including updating drawings from addendums/construction modifications, i.e., rfis), and assisting in plan reviews and site observations. Assist in the identification (via the web/publications) of potential business opportunities.
* Conducts quality assurance inspections on project sites.
* Prepares as-builts, bar charts, timelines, schedule graphs and other client deliverables.
* Creates and/or manipulates engineering information using software.
* Prepares slide presentations using PowerPoint and Prezi.
* Uses Microsoft Publisher to manipulate bitmaps and scan images.
* Creates & updates spreadsheets, using Excel.
* Utilizes software relevant to the industry or project assigned.
* Researches engineering/construction management magazine articles.
* Prepares meeting minutes, daily reports and other project documentation.
Other duties as assigned.
STANDARDS OF PERFORMANCE:
Presents self within firm and to outside contacts as professional representative of the MBP team with:
* Reliability. Must adhere to MBPs values.
* Dedication, courtesy, and responsiveness to client needs.
* Confidentiality must be maintained on all project and marketing information.
* Emphasis on quality and attention to detail in all actions.
Depending on academics enrolled in, the normal work period is 10-24 hours per week but may be as much as 40 hours per week. Overtime requests must be pre-approved by Management. Traditional work hours are between 8:00am - 5:00pm Monday-Friday. Work may be performed either in the office, on a project site, or a combination of both.
Work is closely supervised.
MBP is an EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability Employer.
microsoft powerpoint, research, prezi, microsoft publisher, microsoft excel, marketing, presentations, engineering, publishing, magazine management, quality assurance, reliability, scheduling, spreadsheets, responsiveness