Vehicle Integration - Product Description Book Coordinator Job
Date: Jul 11, 2019
Location: Kirkland, WA, US
PACCAR is a Fortune 500 company established in 1905. PACCAR Inc is recognized as a global leader in the commercial vehicle, financial, and customer service fields with internationally recognized brands such as Kenworth, Peterbilt, and DAF trucks. PACCAR is a global technology leader in the design, manufacture and customer support of high-quality light-, medium-, and heavy-duty trucks under the Kenworth, Peterbilt and DAF nameplates. PACCAR also designs and manufactures advanced diesel engines, provides financial services and information technology, and distributes truck parts related to its principal business.
Whether you want to design the transportation technology of tomorrow, support the staff functions of a dynamic, international leader, or build our excellent products and services you can develop the career you desire with PACCAR. Get started!
Kenworth Truck Company is the manufacturer of The Worlds Best� heavy and medium duty trucks. Kenworth is an industry leader in providing fuel-saving technology solutions that help increase fuel efficiency and reduce emissions. The companys dedication to the green fleet includes aerodynamic trucks, compressed and liquefied natural gas trucks, and medium duty diesel-electric hybrids.
The Vehicle Integration team is responsible for managing the comprehensive portfolio of integrated technology and features within the vehicle. The team provides written and visual communication to the organization describing the intended behavior of the vehicle in order to support product development and verification. The Kenworth Vehicle Integration team is looking for a Product Description Book Coordinator.
The role will be responsible for documenting the project goals, performance, and validation requirements for upcoming projects. In this position, the Product Description Book Coordinator will gather relevant input from multiple stakeholders, manage scope change processes and scope change requests, and help engineering and support teams negotiate their needs to implement projects.
Job Functions / Responsibilities
* Support the development of project scope and scope management of major projects
* Maintain awareness of overall program scope details
* Support and provide feedback during Technical, Concept, Design and Packaging Reviews
* Coordinate with Product Planning, Manufacturing, and PACCAR Parts to understand major program Books of Wishes
* Serve as the liaison between stakeholders to define the vehicle performance requirements derived from the Books of Wishes
* Work closely with all identified stakeholders to set vehicle performance targets
* Provide timely definition of design requirements by completing major program Product Description Books (PDB)
* Update and manage corporate specifications
* Support and manage scope change request processes
Skills / Competencies
* 2+ years of experience in technical writing
* 2+ years of experience in engineering fields, particularly in the automotive industry
* Experience in authoring technical requirements (S.M.A.R.T.) (MS Word)
* Experience in IBM Doors Next Gen or requirements management databases
* Focus on interdepartmental communication
* Presentation skills for technical or executive audiences
* Development of program-wide schedules, milestones, and action plans
* Capability of organizing and balancing large sums of data
* Minimum seven years of experience with thermal and/or fluids analysis methods
* Experience with automotive or commercial vehicle powertrain analysis
* Thorough working knowledge of engine after treatment strategies and analysis
* Knowledge of in-cylinder airflow and diesel combustion cycles
* Proficiency in both 1-D and 3-D thermal/fluids simulation tools
* Experience with GT-Power/GT-Suite and CCM+/Star CD analytical tools preferred
* Experience with Multiphysics simulation, and vehicle-level drivetrain system simulation
* Ability to lead projects of significant ambiguity and generate useful analytical results
* Effectively manage personal workload and flexibility to respond to changing priorities
Bachelor's Degree required.
BS in engineering, technical writing, or related field preferred.
Additional Job Board Information
PACCAR is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veteran/Disability.
Nearest Major Market: Seattle
Nearest Secondary Market: Bellevue
Job Segment: Engineer, Product Development, Technical Writer, Engineering, Research, Automotive, Technology, Customer Service
information technology, product development, requirements management, engineering, manufacturing, automotive, scope management, leadership, databases, customer service, microsoft word, negotiation, research, technical writing, financial services