Intern - Nonprofit Management & Development
Justice Rising International - Los Angeles, CA5.0
1 day agoInternshipEstimated: $19,000 - $27,000 a year
* Bachelor's Degree
* High School Diploma or GED
* Affiliate Marketing
* Organizational Skills
* Google AdWords
Summer 2019 Internship
Category: Part-time, Unpaid Internship Reports To: Strategic Development Manager Location: Los Angeles, CA
Justice Rising brings peace to communities affected by war by providing quality education to children at risk. We build schools, develop programs and raise up community leaders towards the goal of promoting peace and breaking the cycle of war.
Justice Rising seeks to see every war affected nation restored to peace.
The Justice Rising International (JR) Internship Program is designed for bright and entrepreneurial candidates looking to gain valuable work experience in the non-profit sector. She/he will be expected to commit a minimum of ten (10) hours per week during our designated office hours on Monday/Wednesday where the candidate(s) will gain broad exposure in the overall operations of a non- profit organization. The candidate will gain direct experience in the key areas of donor acquisition and strategic development, and will play an integral part in helping implement the organizations 2019 fundraising strategy and plan.
Nonprofit Management & Development Intern:
* Assist in the development of outreach materials for various target audiences
* Connect with local business to leverage affiliate marketing opportunities and partnerships
* Research available and relevant grants and assist in the grant application process
* Cultivate relationships with various media and publishing outlets (e.g. Relevant, Huffington Post, LA Times, etc.)
* Build relationships with other potential local partners (e.g. schools, event organizers, etc.) and find opportunities for potential speaking engagements
* Help plan and organize donor dinner events
* Assist in the development of Google AdWords and Google Analytics tracking campaigns
* Keep track of donors using Salesforce and other web-based platforms
* Receive specific training in the fundamentals of charitable organizations and nonprofits
* Act as a university liaison and representative of Justice Rising
* Commitment to the mission and vision of Justice Rising
* Passion to bring change and peace to war-affected communities
* Skilled in cultivating and maintaining close relationships with peers and supporters across a diverse array of networks
* Relate to all types of people. Skilled conversationalist who is likable, engaging, and interested in others
* Strong organizational skills, keeping a database of donors and partners, and having effective time management
* Excellent oral, written, and public communication skills
* Highly flexible with a positive attitude
* Willing and able to come to the Downtown LA office 2 times per week
* Bachelor's degree a plus
* International experiences and cross-cultural skills preferred
How to Apply
Please submit cover letter and resume.
About Justice Rising International
We work to bring peace to war-affected communities through education.
Justice Rising International brings peace to communities affected by war by providing quality education to children at risk. We build schools, develop programs and raise up community leaders towards the goal of promoting peace and breaking the cycle of war.
Job Type: Internship
* High school or equivalent (Required)
* Los Angeles, CA 90013 (Preferred)
Hours per Week:
* 10 or fewer (Preferred)
* College Credit
research, time management, fundraising, communication, grants, non-profit organizations, training, strategy, event management, management development, google analytics, publishing, google adwords, materials, education