Education & Youth Faculty and Administrative Internship
Hubbard Street Dance Chicago - Chicago, IL3.3
InternshipEstimated: $30,000 - $41,000 a year
Hubbard Street's internship program is designed to give students and early career professionals the tools to excel as the next generation of leaders in the field.
Administrative Interns and Faculty Interns receive ongoing mentoring, opportunities to work collaboratively and independently on a variety of projects, and leave with skills, experiences, and connections that will prepare them for careers in arts education and/or arts administration. Internships provide college credit if desired and a potential teaching stipend for certain positions. Fall Internships are August - December, Spring Internships are January - May. Please refer the the position announcement for complete dates and details.
Youth/Education Interns will be on site at the Hubbard Street Dance Centers Youth Dance Program. Interns will work on large and small projects, receive ongoing mentoring and training, attend free professional development workshops, and attend staff meetings to understand and contribute to the administrative details that support all programs.
* Must be a college student or recent graduate
* Some dance experience is preferred, but not required.
* Preferred candidates will be available full time, 8 am 3 pm or 4 pm 9 pm. Part-time is available for the right candidates.
* Must pass background check
* Supporting the administrative needs of a busy dance studio and extensive community programs
* Attendance at staff and planning meetings
* Attendance at all required training and professional development workshops
* Successful completion of portfolio assignments
* Professional training and teaching at the finest contemporary dance program in the country
* Career development and mentoring with company staff and leadership
* Interns will leave with a portfolio of work that may include review of resume, professional writing sample, administrative projects, student data collection projects (sans student data). All tailored to the interests of the intern and the needs of the company.
* Free Professional Development Workshops
* Networking with other interns pursuing dance education/arts administration, as well as professional faculty members
* Unlimited free classes at the Lou Conte Dance Studio
* College Credit available
Must apply via the following link:
Job Type: Internship
teaching, arts administration, youth empowerment, data collection, microsoft excel, leadership, training, art education, contemporary art, mentoring, dancing, career development, internships, college, workshops