Heart and Vascular Service Line Intern
University of Pennsylvania Health System - Philadelphia, PA4.1
Full-timeEstimated: $38,000 - $56,000 a year
* Bachelor's Degree
* Data Analysis Skills
* Microsoft Word
* Microsoft Powerpoint
* Microsoft Outlook
* Tuition Reimbursement
* Paid Time Off
The Heart & Vascular Service Line (HVSL) Intern will support influential project-based assignments in the service line across disease teams, entities and within other key service line initiatives in the areas of:
* Quality Improvement
* Project Management
* Performance Improvement
* Enhancing Patient Experience
* Project management
* Prepare and present presentations
* Accompany team members to sites for meetings or events
* Performs duties in accordance with Penn Medicine and entity values, policies, and procedures
* Other duties as assigned to support the unit, department, entity, and health system organization
This unique learning opportunity will provide healthcare knowledge, on-the-job experience, and personal development.
* Bachelor's Degree required.
* 1+ years corporate environment experience or healthcare experience preferred.
* Ability to use Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and Microsoft Power Point required.
* Must possesses strong data analysis and problem solving skills.
* Highly accurate and detail oriented.
* Possesses strong verbal and written communication skills.
* Demonstrates initiative, organizational skills and the ability to work well under pressure.
* Demonstrates the ability to collaborate and work effectively in a team environment.
Please note, this is a full time temporary position. This position is not benefits eligible, and will not have any paid time off.
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Penn Medicine http://www.pennmedicine.org/careers/
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
microsoft excel, microsoft powerpoint, microsoft word, data analysis, problem solving, presentations, project management, microsoft outlook, event management, employee benefits, healthcare, initiative, written communication, organization, written and verbal communication