Product Manager, Education Market
Unity Technologies - San Francisco, CA3.9
Full-timeEstimated: $100,000 - $130,000 a year
* Master's Degree
* Leadership Experience
The Product Manager for the Global Education Market on Unity's Education Team will lead the education products strategy and development to meet the growth, on boarding and retention needs of students and teachers. Specifically, they will lead the development of a new student license and editor that will dramatically improve access and lifelong retention for new Unity creators. The PM will work cross-functionally with the senior management in Education and other business units to ensure products meet data driven user needs, integrate other product lines seamlessly, and are setup for long-term success. The successful PM deeply understands how student, teacher, and school products are built to support users in creating, learning key Unity skills, and preparing for jobs. They have worked with both local and remote engineering teams to deliver high quality applications that are on time and have buy in from a variety of stakeholders. We are an agile and lean team focused on serving a diverse ecosystem of users and learners.
Signs you're a good fit:
You're a master at building and maintaining student and school applications. You enjoy working cross-functionally and collaboration is evident in your previous work. You use quantitative methods to understand user behavior and use data driven analysis to evaluate KPIs. You're super responsive to team and product needs, pulling from your toolkit of best practices.
* Define the product vision and roadmap for education offerings
* Manage various development teams' velocity and new feature pipeline
* Collaborate with instructional designers, content producers, and platform development teams to create a seamlessly integrated experience for learners
* Identify and build business cases for new opportunities while partnering with key leads around the business
* Manage product launches, business reviews, financial analysis and forecasting
* Partner with Marketing and Analytics to fully understand and segment our user base
* Demonstrate product benefits to internal and external stakeholders
* Manage communications and expectations to stakeholders, e.g. pitching the product vision
* 5-10 years product management, ideally with 2 years in K-12 and Postsecondary education markets
* Excellent record in developing new digital products, features, and services
* Technical knowledge; ability to effectively communicate and discuss technical requirements with engineers
* Exceptional communication and leadership skills
* Must be a great team player that works well in collaborative situations
* Sound business judgment with ability to build business cases
* Driven self directed problem finder and problem solver
* MBA, Computer Science/Technical Degree, Experience with Unity/game development, Travel experience (international)
* Product design
* Wireframing (InVision)
Who we are
Unity is the creator of the world's most widely-used real-time 3D (RT3D) development platform, providing content creators around the world with the tools they need to build rich, interactive 2D, 3D, VR and AR experiences. In fact, apps made with Unity reach 2.7 billion devices worldwide, and were installed more than 24 billion times in the last 12 months.
The global engineering team keeps Unity at the forefront of technology and working alongside partners like Magic Leap, Google, Facebook, Oculus and Microsoft ensures optimized support for the latest technology and platforms. Unity is powering the real-time revolution, expanding beyond games and breaking into other industries including automotive, film, architecture, engineering, construction and more.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity. #LB1
product management, marketing, product launch, analytics, segmentation, product design, innovation, strategy, leadership, microsoft excel, agile methodologies, engineering, microsoft word, facebook, financial analysis