LEAN OPERATIONS INTERN
MacLean-Fogg - Mooresville, NC3.2
InternshipEstimated: $20,000 - $29,000 a year
* Lean Manufacturing
Founded in 1925, MacLean-Fogg is a worldwide enterprise currently operating 40 global manufacturing facilities across 5 continents with annual sales in excess of one billion (USD) and a workforce of over 3,200 people. MacLean-Fogg is a privately held enterprise headquartered in Mundelein, IL USA and is comprised of two primary businesses, MacLean-Fogg Component Solutions and MacLean Power Systems. MacLean-Fogg Component Solutions (MFCS) is a leading manufacturer of fastener components, engineered components and engineered plastics for automotive, heavy truck, and other diverse industries. MacLean Power Systems (MPS) is a leading manufacturer of products for electric utility, telecommunications and civil markets.
The Lean Operations Intern will work with all employees in supporting the lean manufacturing environment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES:
* Work on activities associated with manufacturing effectiveness using lean manufacturing techniques
* Correlate the use of data to support and measure manufacturing effectiveness
* Identify opportunities for the elimination of waste and develop plans to reduce or eliminate
* Follow all Safety, Environmental, and Quality policies and guidelines
* Responsible for keeping and sustaining a clean, orderly, and safe work area per the 5S guidelines
* Perform any other assigned tasks for the safe and effective operation of the facility
Various agencies of the United States Government require employers to maintain information on applicants pertaining to factors such as race, sex, and type of position for which an individual applies. The information requested is voluntary and for compliance with certain record keeping requirements. MacLean-Fogg Company has a long-standing commitment to equal employment opportunity for all its associates and applicants for employment. MacLean-Fogg Company believes all persons are entitled to equal employment opportunities and does not discriminate against its employees or applicants for employment because of race, color, gender, affectional or sexual orientation, domestic partnership status, ancestry, religion, national origin,citizenship status, marital status, disability, veteran status, age or any other protected group status.
lean manufacturing, engineering, 5s, lean operations, plastics, sales, automotive, government, telecommunications, general operations, service quality, compliance, power systems, minitab, lean six sigma