Administrative Associate School of Business AIO
University of Kansas, United States
Updated: about 7 hours ago
Location: Lawrence, KANSAS
The Administrative Associate will provide administrative support to the Area Director, faculty, lecturers and students within the KU School of Business. Academic area of primary administrative support will be Business Analytics, Informational Systems and Operations Management (AIO). This position also initiates financial processing for payments and reimbursements; serves the primary contact for a range of constituents; and coordinates a wide range of activities including area events and guest visitors. The Administrative Associate may have indirect reporting lines to other School administrative positions. This is a full-time, 12-month position.
50% Administrative Support. Provide administrative support to Area Director(s) and Faculty. Duties may include but are not limited to:
* Monitors workflow within the office in the designated area(s) and ensures that the tasks are completed in a timely manner.
* Provides clerical support for the faculty, lecturers and doctoral students, as authorized by the Area Director(s), including the hiring of student employees.
* Maintains daily correspondence, ensuring that income and outgoing documents are properly processed and filed.
* Maintains electronic and/or paper filing systems, databases and record keeping.
* May arrange appointments and maintain calendars for Area Director(s).
* Screens inquiries and directs issues/questions to the appropriate Area Director(s), as necessary.
* Coordinates new faculty recruiting process for area including candidate application materials, interview schedules and travel arrangements.
* Facilitates Course & Instructor Evaluations each semester.
* Responsible for the procurement of supplies and maintenance of inventory records for the area.
20% Financial Transactional Support
. Provide oversight of financial transactions and budget reporting, including but not limited to:
* Initiates accounts payable process for financial transactions and travel reimbursements.
* Reconciles problems to ensure timely payment.
* Reviews and reconciles area budget reports utilizing Excel and/or an ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) systems.
* Assists the Director(s) in management of financial records and budgets for the area, individual faculty, and other academic needs including PDA and GRF accounts.
* Maintains databases and processes for budgeting and donor accounting.
20% Constituent Relations
. Coordinates and supports the relationships with constituents including advisory councils, donors, visiting scholars, corporate recruiters, other School of Business staff, students and alumni. Duties may include:
* Assists in the organization of advisory council meetings and area special projects/speakers.
* Maintains database of donor and alumni contact information. Receives and acknowledges donor gifts.
* Assists the Communications Department with the preparation and distribution of area-specific marketing materials.
* Reviews local and regional news publications for alumni career notices and initiates congratulatory correspondence.
* Coordinates schedules for visiting scholars in arranging lodging and travel; schedules meetings and dinners and sends acknowledgments.
* In coordination with Career Services staff, arranges lunches with corporate recruiters and area faculty.
10% Supervision and Other Miscellaneous.
Responsible for ensuring smooth office functions and participating as a valued team member of the School of Business staff.
* May recruit, supervise and train student assistants.
* Reviews and recommends technological and procedural changes to ensure compliance with policy and improve work processes.
* May participate in special projects and/or on special committees within the School.
* Promote a culture that aligns with strategic objectives of School and University.
* Other duties as assigned.
* High School diploma or completion of G.E.D. equivalency, plus two years of office experience; or two years of post-secondary education.
* Minimum of 3 years professional experience providing customer service, accounting, auditing and/or administrative support, as indicated on application materials. Professional experience may be concurrent with educational experience requirements.
* Experience with Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel, and Outlook, as demonstrated on application materials and work history.
* Associates or Bachelors degree.
* Knowledge of KU, state regulations or similar university structure.
* Excellent written communication skills as evidenced by cover letter.
* Past work experience demonstrating the ability to multi-task or work for multiple supervisors, as evidenced by work history.
* Experience organizing tasks, people, projects or other highly skilled administrative tasks.
Additional Candidate Instruction
A complete application requires: 1) on-line application; 2) current resume; 3) a cover letter; 4) complete contact information for three professional references.
Application review begins on 7/22/2019. To ensure consideration, apply by the deadline of 7/21/2019.
Advertised Salary Range
Minimum $31,905; increasing with experience
Application Review Begins
Anticipated Start Date
University of Kansas - Lawrence
U-Unclassified Professional Staff
M-F 8-5; possible occasional evening
The University of Kansas prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, national origin, age, ancestry, disability status as a veteran, sexual orientation, marital status, parental status, gender identity, gender expression, and genetic information in the university's programs and activities. Retaliation is also prohibited by university policy. The following persons have been designated to handle inquiries regarding the nondiscrimination policies and are the Title IX coordinators for their respective campuses: Executive Director of the Office of Institutional Opportunity & Access, IOA@ku.edu, 1246 West Campus Road, Room 153A, Lawrence, KS 66045, 785-864-6414, 711 TTY 9for the Lawrence, Edwards, Parsons, Yoder, and Topeka campuses); Director, Equal Opportunity Office, Mail Stop 7004, 4330 Shawnee Mission Parkway, Fairway, KS 66205, 913-588-8011, 711 TTY (for the Wichita, Salina, and Kansas City, Kansas medical center campuses).
event planning, microsoft word, microsoft outlook, policy, travel arrangements, microsoft office, customer service, microsoft excel, event management, budgets, microsoft access, recruiting, accounting, organization, advertising