Equity Research Associate, Banks & Thrifts (Atlanta, GA)
Janney Montgomery Scott LLC - Atlanta, GA3.5
Full-timeEstimated: $67,000 - $88,000 a year
* Bachelor's Degree
* Financial Services
* Microsoft Word
Janney is an award-winning full-service financial services firm committed to understanding our clients' needs and providing advice beyond investments. We are equally committed to building a diverse workforce and inclusive culture where employees can use their talents to thrive and grow professionally with the firm.
The Equity Research Associate will report to the Director of Research and support senior publishing analysts covering the banking sector, in every aspect of the research process including, but not limited to, industry analysis, financial modeling, data gathering, valuation analysis and written reports. This is a highly dynamic role with needs fluctuating on a day to day basis.
The associate will have the opportunity to analyze industry level trends and company financials under the direction of the Director of Research and senior publishing analysts. The associate will possess a strong grasp of accounting and valuation concepts. The associate will be primarily responsible for building and maintaining financial models and industry models with a firm grasp on the underlying subject matter to ensure correct and up-to-date information for research reports are distributed. The associate will also work closely with the banking sector team to edit, write and assist in the publication of: earnings, company, and industry reports under the direction of the Director of Research. As part of this process, the associate will also review business and trade publications, annual reports, financial filings and other sources in order to gather, synthesize and interpret data on companies in the banking sector. The ability to effectively communicate with management teams both in person and electronically is a necessity as the associate will occasionally meet with management teams of companies and travel as needed.
Over time, the associate will also be responsible for communicating senior publishing analysts recommendations to institutional clients, trading, and Janney investment bankers.
* Assist in the development and detailed modeling of company specific financial models in anticipation of their quarterly earnings reports
* Assembling and editing company research reports with senior publishing analysts by assisting with graphs and uploading text and tables into research publication software
* Collaborating with the banking sector team to produce daily content for consumption by investors and covered companies.
* Stay current on news, occurrences and market exposure for companies under coverage that may impact the quarterly report
* Keep senior publishing analyst apprised of any unexpected or unique elements to earnings reports
* Assist with ad-hoc projects, presentations and initiatives as assigned
* Finance, Accounting or Economics focused Bachelors Degree
* Strong understanding of accounting concepts
* 0-5 years of experience; prior financial services experience a plus
* Attention to detail with strong analytical, accounting, forecasting and financial modelling and valuation skills required
* Strong written and verbal communication skills
* High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word and PowerPoint)
* Experience with S&P Global Market Intelligence or Bloomberg a plus
* CFA certification a plus
* Ability to travel occasionally
Janney is dedicated to promoting and supporting diversity within our workplace. We provide an environment that promotes respect, integrity, teamwork, achievement and acceptance regardless of age, disability, education, gender, gender expression, gender identity, job level, marital status, military status,
national origin, parental status, pregnancy, race, religion, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, or other protected factors. Janney is committed to equal employment opportunities and providing reasonable
accommodations to applicants with physical and / or mental disabilities.
investing, investment banking, financial modeling, finance, valuation, financial services, trading, bloomberg, equity research, economics, equity capital markets, investment portfolio, cfa, industry analysis, institutional