Athletic Communication Assistant - Internship
University of Tampa - Tampa, FL4.3
Part-time$15 an hour
* Bachelor's Degree
* Adobe Premiere
* Events Management
* Adobe Creative Suite
* Microsoft Office
The University of Tampa Athletic Department has a position available for an Athletic Communications Assistant (Internship) for the 2019-2020 school year (hourly position, no benefits) to assist with duties associated with a NCAA Division II 20-team athletic program. This position will assist and report to the Assistant Athletic Director for Communications.
1. Lead the departments effort in video production and live streaming efforts.
2. Responsible for generating social media content, infographics and videos to promote UT Athletics.
3. Oversee and post video-related content to department social media accounts.
4. Produce team videos and special video projects for student-athletes.
5. Work with media, students, University staff and public.
6. Host home events, and manage staff that live streams home events.
7. General office work, archiving of videos and management of video team including 2-3 student workers.
8. Travel with the teams.
1. Bachelor's degree.
2. Two years' experience in College/University Athletic Communications Department, marketing, advertising, journalism, film or related field.
3. Proven background in design of videos.
4. Proficiency in desktop software environment including Adobe Creative Suite products.
5. Ability to edit and produce videos in Adobe Premiere.
6. Event management experience.
7. Ability to travel, work long hours and weekends.
8. Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills as well as the ability to establish priorities and manage time wisely.
9. Knowledge of or the ability to learn quickly The University of Tampa software programs such as Workday and Microsoft Office.
10. Willingness to embrace new technologies and innovative organizational practices.
Please be sure to attach all required documents listed in the attachment box at the bottom of the "My Experience" page of the application before continuing through the application. Though the attachment box is labeled as CV/Resume, more than one attachment may be uploaded.
1. Cover letter
$14.50 per hour not to exceed $15,000 in a 10 month period
Work schedule may vary based on events, however, schedule will not exceed 29 hours per week/1000 hours per year.
To receive full consideration for employment with The University of Tampa, please be sure to submit/upload required documents for this position at time of application submission. Required documents should be submitted in the attachment box at the bottom of the "My Experience" page of the application before continuing through the application.
Background Check Requirements
Finalists may be required to submit to a criminal background check. Some positions may also require a motor vehicle report and/or a credit report.
This description is intended to be generic in nature. It is not to determine specific duties and responsibilities for any particular position. Essential functions and overtime eligibility may vary based on the specific task assigned to the position.
social media, event management, journalism, athletics, advertising, web content, adobe premiere pro, interpersonal communication, creativity, microsoft office, microsoft excel, marketing, adobe creative suite, video production, organization