CFD (Computational Fluid Dynamics) Mechanical EIT
CH2M & Jacobs West New York, NJ
Posted 15 days ago
Apply on Company Website
Oil Refining - Petroleum - Drilling
How Do You Compare to the Competition?
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
The Buildings & Infrastructure Line of Business is a global network of employees, which serves both the private and public sector. Our employees work to shape the communities we live in by creating world-class projects that transform the future development patterns of those communities. We provide our clients award-winning planning, engineering, architectural and interior design, construction and program management, and design-build project delivery. The Jacobs business model allows us to successfully service our clients, leverage our integrated services, and provide our employees with growth opportunities while delivering global solutions to our clients local programs.
We consistently receive high rankings from Engineering News-Record (ENR) in many classifications, including the categories of Top Design Firms, Top Contractors, Top Green Buildings Design Firms, and Top Transportation Companies.
* Perform engineering calculations, computational fluid dynamics (CFD) and other mechanical engineering computer modeling (noise, egress, emissions analysis)
* Analyze subway networks using Subway Environment Simulation (SES) software
* Develop CFD modelling and perform simulations to evaluate and optimize tunnel ventilation strategies for enclosed mass transit, rail and road tunnels
* Analyze and assess the consistency and accuracy of the CFD resultsGenerate detailed reports of findings
* Design tunnel ventilation systems including fans, dampers, and ductwork
* Maintain a working knowledge and understanding of the relevant codes, regulations and client specific requirements
* Perform code and life safety analysis and reviews
* Conduct evaluations for compliance with procedures codes and standards.
* Participate in site inspections of tunnels and related infrastructure facilities. Evaluate condition of equipment and obtain site dimensions
* Work directly with other CFD modelers, mechanical team members, other engineering disciplines and project managers to help complete assigned tasks and projects
* Masters degree in Mechanical required
* Knowledgeable on Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD), Advance Fluid Dynamics, Thermodynamics, Heat Transfer
* Basic knowledge in CFD analysis software (ANSYS Fluent, Star-CCM , FDS)
* FE/EIT preferred
* Basic knowledge of CAD Design using AutoCAD, Microstation, BIM preferred
* Ability to work independently and solve complex problems with little supervision
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Jacobs is a drug-free workplace.
Jacobs leads the global professional services sector delivering solutions for a more connected, sustainable world.
With $15.0 billion in combined revenue and a talent force more than 77,000 strong, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of services including scientific, technical, professional, construction- and program-management for business, industrial, commercial, government and infrastructure sectors.
For more information, visit web address removed
Apply on Company Website
Job ID: 1380285
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job: Report this Job.
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.
CH2M & Jacobs
* West New York, NJ 07093
mechanical engineering, autocad, cad, petroleum, heat transfer, thermodynamics, cfd, simulations, fluid dynamics, microstation, calculations, computational fluid dynamics (cfd), project management, microsoft word, construction