Chemical Engineering Intern
Worley - Energy, Chemicals & Resources (ECR) Baton Rouge, LA
Posted 1 day ago
Apply on Company Website
Oil Refining - Petroleum - Drilling
At the end of April 2019 WorleyParsons combined with Jacobs Energy, Chemicals, and Resources (ECR) division, to create Worley.
Together, we are a leading global provider of professional project and asset services in the energy, chemicals and resources sectors. We have almost 60,000 amazing people in around 60 countries across the world covering the full lifecycle, from creating new assets to sustaining and enhancing operating assets for our customers.
Our exciting combination will create new opportunities for you to join us.
The transition will take time, so in the short-term you may see references to our heritage companies in your application process.
Duties provide meaningful work experience and business knowledge to college students in their chosen field. Performs routine aspects of assigned projects under close supervision, following established procedures. Becomes familiar with techniques, procedures, methods and the nature of the position.
* Performs routine aspects of engineering requiring knowledge and application of basic engineering principles under close supervision
* May use computer-assisted engineering software and equipment to perform engineering tasks
* Collects and prepares data for evaluation and analysis
* May assist in the coordination of projects from conception (feasibility) through final plan preparations
* Handles various administrative duties
* Provides support to staff members as needed
* No previous experience required typically attending college and working on a Bachelor's degree in Chemical Engineering.
* Seeking student entering their Senior year. Student will work full-time this summer and work 15 hours per week during school year with a reduced schedule during mid-terms/finals.
* Effective oral and written communication skills required
* Good organizational and interpersonal skills required
* Knowledge of Microsoft Office required
Worley is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Worley is a background screening, drug-free workplace.
Apply on Company Website
Job ID: 1403122
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job: Report this Job.
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.
Worley - Energy, Chemicals & Resources (ECR)
* Baton Rouge, LA
chemical engineering, refining, chemicals, microsoft office, microsoft word, petroleum, energy management, analysis, oil, drilling, editing, feasibility studies, scheduling, written communication, aspen plus