Technical Fellow Handles, Latches, Mechanisms Subsystem & Component
Law Offices of Ford and Ford
Ford Motor Company is about more than making world-class vehicles at Ford we Go Further to make peoples lives better.
We do this in every corner of the globe. Ford is both an automotive and mobility company. Across six continents, our employees produce innovative products in our engineering and design centers, research labs and high-tech assembly plants.
And in order to do that, we are looking to attract the top talent like you.
Ford is a place where development is valued for all, and employees are encouraged to learn, build skills and continuously improve year-after-year. When you work at Ford, you and your team will Go Further each day to deliver great products, build a strong business and contribute to a better world.
The distance between you and an amazing career has never been shorter!
A senior technical leadership role within Body Engineering responsible for technical content, strategy and processes with the Hardware, Latches, and Mechanism (HLM) group. They serve as the Chief Technical Leader for all HLM related matters ensuring robust design and delivery of components and sub-systems. This position leads technical aspects of all global HLM technical product strategy, including product concept development, business case approval, supplier development, product development, launch/sign-off and ongoing support/quality of products in the field. The senior technical leader will develop and lead the technical development of global HLM team members as well as define & validate customer level system features and functions (HLM example - locking, door opening, door operating experience upon approach/departure, etc.). This role will support the development of a modular catalog for HLM systems including templatized designs for new program development and all new closure technologies that require HLM system input including eLatch, eHandle, and all power closure HLM systems.
* Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering or related Engineering Degree
* 10+ years of experience in Mechanisms preferably in Handles and Latches in the automotive industry
* 5+ years of experience at a senior manager and/or executive technical level
* Master's Degree in Mechanical Engineering or related Engineering Degree
* 15+ years of experience in Mechanisms preferably in Handles and Latches in the automotive industry
* Leadership experience working in a matrix organization
* Management of strategic business partnerships involving complex white space products
* Extensive experience interfacing with C-level executives of automotive and non-automotive partners in US and International and markets
* An aptitude for developing people and process
* Ability to build strong effective relationships cross-functionally with the program teams, Vehicle Engineering, Purchasing, Studio, and Manufacturing. Strong, proven experience as a technical leader in the development of HLM systems
* Ability to develop and drive new systems engineering best practices as the HLM systems group will serve as a pilot for Ford product development system development including strong understanding of design validation and production validation
* Strong understanding of statistical analysis
* Strong TMM in D&R in safety critical systems with a keen eye on detailed engineering analysis including a strong capability in FMA work
* Understanding of how to rapidly progress new technologies and drive them into production
Join our team as we create tomorrow! We believe in putting people first, working together, and facing challenges head-on, because we're Built Ford Tough. We're one team striving to make people's lives better while creating value, delivering excellence and ultimately going for thewin.
Candidates for positions with Ford Motor Company must be legally authorized to work in the United States on a permanent basis. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Ford Motor Company is an equal opportunity employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.
mechanical engineering, design engineering, systems engineering, product development, manufacturing, research, continuous improvement, automotive, technical leadership, vehicles, microsoft word, validation, product launch, hardware, innovation