We currently have an opening for Senior Procurement Specialist in our San Ramon, CA office. We are looking for an exceptional candidate who thrives on building processes and creating change. This person will report to the Director, Accounting. The Procurement Specialist is the point of contact on any open purchase orders and is responsible for developing and maintaining relationships with select vendor, as well as internal business unit owners, FP&A, Sourcing and Legal. They are also responsible for ensuring that all procurement transactions are executed in accordance with all applicable internal company policies/procedures.
We are looking for a high-energy, hands-on individual with a can-do attitude and who enjoys improving existing processes as well as implementing new ones. Being an independent worker, this position requires the use of independent judgment, initiative and the ability to analyze data and provide appropriate recommendations. It requires strong teamwork attitude and the ability to guide others and provide direction. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals, often while working with and/or supporting others. This position will perform a variety of tasks with limited supervision. It also requires self-motivation and initiative to achieve and exceed individual and departmental performance goals and objectives.
* Effective administration of the procurement function by following established corporate and internal standard operating policies and procedures
* Receive, review and process requisitions; prepare necessary documents in accordance with company/department policy, procedures, terms and legal compliance
* Ensures products and services are purchased in the most cost- and time-efficient manner
* Provide support to lead sourcing events to support procurement requirement as needed
* Process department purchase requisitions and purchase orders
* Manage and maintain purchase orders workflow from issuance to utilization by Accounts Payable
* Assist in processing material receipts by business owners
* Work closely with Accounts Payable team to resolve vendor issues
* Provide user training for purchase requisition and purchase order procedures
* Work with business stakeholders to improve procurement processes
* Support auditors during quarter-end and year-end audits
* Develop reports to support analysis and management review of financial data
* Performs related work as required
* 4-6 years working in a general procurement environment, preferable public company experience
* Ability to prioritize by urgency, and manage multiple projects in a fast paced environment
* Strong communication skills
* Knowledge of purchasing methods and procedures and methods of analyzing supplies, materials and services
Desired Skills & Experience:
* Ability to speak and effectively present appropriate information to a variety of audiences.
* Problem Solving skills - gathers and analyzes information skillfully and provide solutions in complex situations. Identify items requiring additional information or action.
* Customer Service Provide for quality customer service; appropriately respond and resolve complex situations/problems; responds promptly to customer needs, requests for service and assistance; solicits customer feedback to improve service and enhance existing procedures; responds in a timely manner; meets commitments.
* Professionalism approaches others in a tactful manner; reacts well under pressure; treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; accepts responsibilities and takes accountability for actions
* Planning/Organizing Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Sets goals and objectives;
* Comprehensive close process experience under public company reporting timelines
* Experience with ERP systems, Mid-level NetSuite (preferred )
* SOX experience
* BS/BA in Accounting, Business or Supply Chain
Job Family Group Name:
Finance & Accounting
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
sourcing, procurement, microsoft excel, supply chain, purchasing, erp, materials, organization, vendors, supplies, purchase orders, job description development, customer service, analysis, teamwork