Jun 15, 2019
Charlotte, NC, US, 28203
Bentley Systems is the leading global provider of software solutions to engineers, architects, geospatial professionals, constructors, and owner-operators for the design, construction, and operations of infrastructure. Bentleys MicroStation-based engineering and BIM applications, and its digital twin cloud services, advance the project delivery (ProjectWise) and the asset performance (AssetWise) of transportation and other public works, utilities, industrial and resources plants, and commercial and institutional facilities. Bentley Systems employs more than 3,500 colleagues, generates annual revenues of $700 million in 170 countries, and has invested more than $1 billion in research, development, and acquisitions since 2014. From inception in 1984, the company has remained majority-owned by its five founding Bentley brothers. Bentley shares transact by invitation on the NASDAQ Private Market; strategic partner Siemens AG has accumulated a non-voting minority stake. www.bentley.com
Bentley Systems is seeking a talented individual to become a valued member of our successful Civil Infrastructure team as a Civil Engineer-Site Designbased in our Charlotte, NC office.
* Developing and conducting technical presentation and demonstration to prospective clients engaged in the conceptual design and development of Civil Site projects
* Traveling to client sites, trade shows and seminars to perform product presentations and demonstrations as required
* Providing feedback to product managers and marketing on client requirements, product problems and application success stories
* Close cooperation with corporate account managers, regional account managers, and channel partners to find and develop business within territory
* Assisting account managers and channel partners in preparation of proposals
* Maintaining and continually upgrading technical understanding of products
* Assisting prospects in resolving technical problems
* Performing post-sale technical support duties, including installation and training.
* Approximately 50% Travel required
* Minimum 3 years experience using AutoDesk Civil 3D
* Minimum 2 years experience in land development design industry
* Understanding of engineering practices and workflow in the Civil Site conceptual design and development market
* Software experience with MicroStation or OpenRoads Designer desired but not required
* Detailed and a creative problem solver
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills, along with interpersonal skills
* Able to resolve moderately complex pre-sales technical problems, working with field sales personnel
* Strong communication skills in technical concepts for client demonstrations, proposals, training, and client problem resolution
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled
Bentley is an equal opportunity employer and considers for employment all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, sex, disability, protected veteran status, religion, national origin, age or any other protected characteristic. Additional information about your rights as an applicant under the law may be found by clicking here and here.
Bentley participates in e-Verify / Bentley participa en e-Verify
Right to Work / Derecho a Trabajar
We encourage you to request a reasonable accommodation if you are not able to fully use or access our online application system. You can make an accommodation request by calling 610-458-5000 or sending us an email at email@example.com.
Search Firm Disclosure:
Please be aware Bentley is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. This includes any phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Bentley via-email, the Internet (including social media) or in any form and/or method for this specific position in the absence of a written recruiting agreement executed by both you and/or your firm and Bentley will be deemed the sole property of Bentley and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Bentley.
Nearest Major Market: Charlotte
Civil Engineer, Design Engineer, Engineer, Construction, R&D Engineer, Engineering
social media, research, microsoft access, organization, creativity, internet, microsoft excel, marketing, sales, event management, training, recruiting, account management, construction, r&d