San Diego, CA
Job Reference #
About Mettler Toledo
Working at Mettler Toledo means you are impacting the world in important ways. Our precision measuring devices span the world's laboratories, production facilities, and retail stores. We design, manufacture and service instruments that detect, measure, and weigh - from the infinitely small to the largest of vehicles or airplanes. Working with us means food products are free of contaminants and substances are measured to the highest accuracy requirements for use across the largest manufacturing and pharmaceutical firms.
Mettler Toledo Rainin manufactures pipettes, one of the most basic tools used in every type of chemistry laboratory and many kinds of biological laboratories. Rainin's pipettes consistently rank among the top premium pipette brands in North America, Europe, Asia and the Middle East.
Our Opening and Your Responsibilities
We are currently hiring Service Technicians to work with our pipette service team in San Diego. As our Service Technician, you will test, clean, repair, reassemble and calibrate pipettes to ensure they are conforming to our quality standards and ready for our customers. This position requires 20-30% overnight travel to our customer sites. Your responsibilities would include:
* Conducting mechanical and electronic measurements, recording results, and inspecting serviced pipettes against established quality and performance parameters.
* Reassembling and calibrating pipettes to meet manufacturer standards, ensuring all repair work meets necessary guidelines.
* Prioritizing orders and expediting them through our database system, following customers' specific order requests.
* Focusing on meeting our service levels and turnaround time commitments which may include working overtime as needed.
* Completing all related reports and data entry into our automated system.
What You Need to Succeed
* A high school diploma or GED with at least three months of related work experience in manufacturing, production, or packaging.
* Previous knowledge or work experience with pipettes is desirable.
* A strong mechanical background.
* A commitment to company safety policies to keep yourself, your coworkers, and the workplace operating effectively and safely.
Our Offer to You
* Medical, dental and vision care coverage and a 401(k) savings plan with company matching all starting on date of hire
* Tuition reimbursement, educational matching gift program, perks and discounts
* A full suite of benefits such as paid time off, flexible spending, short-and long-term disability, basic life insurance, business travel insurance, Employee Assistance Program, and domestic partner benefits
* Global market strength and worldwide leadership in weighing
* A brand name that is identified worldwide with precision, quality, and innovation
* Thousands of patents, design and innovation awards across the Mettler Toledo and Rainin brands
* Global recognition for the quality of our pipettes which accurately measure and transfer liquids in basic research, clinical, and industrial laboratories.
Equal Opportunity Employment
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We give consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other protected classification. If youd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click here.
Mettler Toledo endeavors to make www.mt.com accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact us at EEO@mt.com.
For those who prioritize precision, Mettler Toledo is precisely where you belong.
software engineering, leadership, microsoft word, research, website design, manufacturing, san, com, maya, retail, requirejs, eclipse, software design, mysql, subversion