Field Service Apprentice
Weiss Technik North America, Inc. - Detroit, MI
4 hours agoFull-timeEstimated: $38,000 - $54,000 a year
* High School Diploma or GED
* Clean Driving Record
* EPA Type II
* Computer Skills
* HVAC Certification
* EPA Universal Certification
The Field Service Engineer Apprentice is responsible for learning the skills required and to complete on-the-job training combined with related instruction while earning pay with the intention upon completion of required internal training of accepting a full-time position as a deployed Field Service Engineer with Weiss Technik North America, Inc. This is an internal apprentice position who will work alongside production and other required departments to complete the required training through the production of Test Chambers. Once training requirements are completed the apprentice will then have the skills to complete all tasks allowing them to then move into an independent deployed Field Service Engineer position (exempt) and be assigned to a territory within the United States that will require travel up to 50% of the scheduled work time per year. The Field Service Engineer Apprentice will train at the home office of Weiss Technik for up to 9 months based on training achievements. The completion of this program will provide the employee a certificate of completion specific to Weiss Technik North America, Inc. as this is an apprenticeship program designed and implemented by Weiss Technik North America, Inc. and not a state agency.
Duties and Responsibilities
* Complete Career Path training program specific to the internal apprenticeship position to then learn how to diagnose, repair and calibrate complex cascade refrigeration and electrical systems on Weiss Technik environmental test chambers. Installation and maintenance of environmental test chambers and usage of hand and power tools, refrigeration gauges and evacuators.
* Work with all related departments.
* Complete training checklist every 90 days and receive feedback on completion of training to establish training goals.
* Possession of High School Diploma or GED required
* 2+ years of experience in same industry or Commercial/Residential HVAC required.
* 2 year HVAC program certification desired
* Valid drivers license with good driving record
* Ability to possess major credit card to cover travel expenses to be reimbursed
* CFC Type II or Universal EPA certification required
* Self-starter-ability to work independently with little or no supervision
* Thorough understanding of mechanical and electrical operations preferred
* Ability to read blue prints (mechanical and electrical) and identify components
* Ability and willingness to travel (local, national and international as required)
* Good verbal and written communication skills
* Ability to represent company well
* Basic math and computer skills
* Basic understanding in air, water, refrigeration piping, electricity and electrical installation preferred
* Soldering and welding skills-desired
* Knowledge of controls and PLCs-desired
Mostly standing work. Frequently lifting up to 25 lbs, occasionally lifting up to 100 lbs. Occasionally carrying up to 100 lbs. Detailed work with hands; fine work, simple grasping and pushing and pulling. Position requires frequent bending, squatting, climbing, crawling, reaching, and twisting with occasional kneeling. Significant portions of travel time require extended sedentary periods. Subject to weather and adverse driving conditions when outside.
field service, maintenance, electricity, completion, soldering, welding, hvac, validation, piping, water management, refrigeration, hand tools, power tools, mechanical, scheduling