Graphic Design Intern
Great Dane Savannah, GA
Posted 30 days ago
Experience - 1 years
Degree - High School
How Do You Compare to the Competition?
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Great Dane is now accepting applications for a Graphic Design Intern at our Savannah, GA corporate office.
This internship will start in June.
Great Dane is looking for a talented, creative, high initiative individual to join our team. As a graphic design intern you will primarily work with the marketing department, conceptualizing and designing innovative, on-brand collateral to support the creative aspects of marketing, communications, publication development, public relations and special events. Ideal candidates will be energetic, inventive, detail-oriented, hardworking, web-savvy and have experience designing for a variety of applications including print, web, mobile and social media platforms.
Impact of Internship: You will finish the internship having gained hands-on experience and training in all aspects of product marketing, while also gaining a good understanding of real world design applications from a privately-owned business perspective.
About the Role:The length of internship is negotiable based on candidate preference, but we are looking for a 3-6 month commitment. This is an hourly position, 40hrs/wk from 8:30am 5:00pm.
This is a paid internship.
Assist in the creation of signage, advertisements, mock-ups, email campaigns, brochures, print collateral, online promotions, etc.
Assist in the creation of exhibition graphics for trade shows and events
Prepare presentations for both meeting and training needs
Provide design support to social media efforts
Assist with occasional maintenance of various web sites and digital asset management systems
Education: Recent graduate from accredited college majoring in Graphic design, Multi-media design, or related field.
Years of Experience: 1 2 years
A robust portfolio including samples of work related to corporate business needs
Highly proficient in Adobe Creative Suite (primarily Illustrator, InDesign and Photoshop)
Excellent communicator and creative thinker, with an ability to use both data and intuition to inform decisions
Strong verbal and written communication skills
Highly motivated, self-starter who is able to work well in teams or independently
Ability to thrive in an agile environment that mixes both long-term visions and shorter enterprise deadlines
Highly-adaptable and able to pivot due to changing requirements or client feedback
Additional Preferred Skills:
Ability to write/edit code in CSS and/or HTML
Wireframing/Prototyping experience using Adobe XD, InVision or related software
Animation experience using Adobe AfterEffects or related software(s)
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Physical demands: While performing duties of job, employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close and distance vision.
* Work environment: Hours of work on site usually coincide with the Dayshift. The work schedule requirement is 8 hours per day, 5 days per week. Average hours worked per week is 40.
* Work time is spent in an office environment moving about, communicating between departments and with employees, or seated at a desk or table processing information and operating a computer.
* Hazard exposures are minimal however if the individual goes into the manufacturing and service areas of the plant/branch hazards would exist. These hazards are primarily ambient such as noise, sparks and forklift traffic. All protective devices and equipment are congruent with those of the production worker.
* Must dress and present oneself in a professional manner.
* This is a paid internship opportunity.
* A favorable background screening, drug screening, and proof of work authorization in the United States is required for employment.
* Great Dane is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job: Report this Job.
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.
Celebrating over 100 years in business, Great Dane has built an enviable reputation as an industry leader in technology, innovation and quality. Our commitment to building superior products and fulfilling customer needs has taken us from a small steel fabricating company to our current position as the most recognized trailer manufacturer in the world. With headquarters in Chicago, Illinois, additional corporate offices in Savannah, Georgia and nine strategically located U.S. manufacturing plants, we build a wide range of dry vans, refrigerated vans and platform trailer that are recognized throughout the marketplace as "best-in-class" in terms of quality, durability and value. We market our products through a network of company-owned branches, full-line independent dealers and parts-only independent dealers, with distribution points across North and South America.
* 131 Technology Circle
Savannah, GA 31407
adobe photoshop, graphic design, adobe indesign, adobe creative suite, advertising, brochures, css, adobe after effects, motion graphics, animation, printing, maya, wireframes, creativity, experience design