Membership and Office Associate
Rocky Mountain Section American Water Works Association - Castle Rock, CO
Full-timeEstimated: $31,000 - $40,000 a year
* Bachelor's Degree
* Time Management
* Benefits Administration
* Customer Service
* Microsoft Office
To be considered for this position please submit both a cover letter and resume. Include in cover letter why you would like to work for our organization and what skills you bring.
The Membership and Office Associate directly supports a wide range of organizational, administrative, scheduling, communications, bookkeeping and record keeping functions. This position assumes general office administration responsibilities as well supports membership programs and events. The ideal candidate is a self-starter who can work independently, provide excellent customer service and maintain office management systems.
Areas of Responsibility: The following are responsibilities that may be assigned.
* Update, maintain and improve membership databases and distribution lists, perform regular database cleanup processes, track expired members, troubleshoot data related topics and prepare reports.
* Assemble membership materials and information and distribute on behalf of the Executive Director.
* Customer service contact for member and prospective member inquiries through email, phone and website.
* Assist in updating and maintaining web pages and website content, as requested.
* Participate in developing and maintaining messaging and content for social media channels.
* Assist the Executive Director with planning and preparing materials for board meetings, committee meetings, volunteer orientation meetings and other activities and events.
Training and Events:
* Assist in coordinating the logistics of a year-round calendar of training events, seminars, workshops, conferences and fundraising activities. Includes securing venues, coordinating on-site arrangements, catering and post-event follow up.
* Administer events by preparing online registration forms in Your Membership system, developing event templates and processes, fielding registration questions, coordinating details with committee members, preparing event flyers and marketing materials, producing registration reports, name badges and assisting with pre and post-event electronic communications.
* Prepare and distribute continuing education certificates, respond to attendee inquiries and file and post attendance rosters to internal and external systems.
* Ensure timely and accurate processing of event registrations, prepare invoices, monitor payments and reconcile events using digital processes.
* Assist with fundraising efforts by sending acknowledgement letters to donors and maintaining files.
* Manage accounts receivable process and follow up on outstanding accounts receivable.
* Assist the Executive Director with preparing financial reports, budgeting, bank deposits, expense reimbursements and venue contracts.
Office and Administrative:
* Support the Executive Director with scheduling, planning, research, document management, maintaining office systems and communications.
* Perform administrative tasks such as preparing correspondence and meeting materials, taking meeting minutes, following up on assigned action items, making copies and scanning documents.
* Attend local in-person meetings, conference call meetings and participate in events as assigned.
* Other duties as assigned by the Executive Director.
Requirements and Skills:
* Four-year college degree preferred.
* 2 to 3 to three years administrative, member services or events experience, in a non-profit setting desirable.
* Previous experience with association management systems (AMS), CRM or databases is preferred.
* Adept at working with IT applications with ability to learn and master Your Membership (AMS).
* Demonstrated proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office products: especially Excel and using formulas.
* Basic accounting skills and experience with QuickBooks Online.
* Ability to learn new technology solutions as needs of job and available technologies evolve.
* Excellent customer service, written, verbal and communication skills.
* Detail-oriented with strong planning, time management and organizational skills and willingness to take on multiple and differing responsibilities.
* Potential overnight travel for annual conference and other events estimated 4 to 6 nights per year.
* Completion of satisfactory background check and drug test required.
Compensation: Full-time preferred. Part-time may be considered. Mid-30s - Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
Location: Based in Centennial, Colorado. Working remotely may be considered.
How to Apply: Visit - https://careercenter.awwa.org/job/membership-and-office-associate/49089983/
Job Type: Full-time
* office administration: 1 year (Required)
* One location
* Running errands
* Managing social media
* Expense reports
* Processing payments
social media, research, event management, communication, fundraising, customer service, microsoft office, microsoft excel, time management, training, crm, organization, major donors, seminars, workshops