2020 Chief Investment Office (CIO) Investment Analyst: Prudential at Prudential Financial
Posted in Accounting about 10 hours ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Newark, New Jersey
2020 Chief Investment Office (CIO) Analyst Program: Prudential
Location(s): Newark, NJ
We review applications on a rolling basis and we encourage you to apply as soon as you are ready. Our goal is to notify you of your status within 2 weeks after each application period concludes.
* Period 1: July 15, 2019 to August 15, 2019
* Period 2: August 15, 2019 to September 9, 2019
* Period 3: September 9, 2019 to September 22, 2019
All applications should be fully completed by September 22nd, 2019
Are you looking for a career that helps you apply your love of capital markets, data analysis, and investments to inform business strategy and work with diverse teams on challenging projects? Are you interested in being a part of an exciting program that is focused on developing technical and professional skills while collaborating alongside leaders in the investment community? If you are results driven, have a passion for working with numbers, and are deeply technical and highly innovative, then Prudentials Chief Investment Office (CIO) Analyst Program is the role for you!
The Chief Investment Office (CIO) is a major strategic partner to many other departments across the enterprise and relies upon a collaborative culture to effectively create both micro and macro solutions to the most interesting challenges at Prudential. With over $400 billion in assets under management the CIO is responsible for asset liability management (ALM), interest rate risk management, oversight and reporting on product investment margin performance and related hedge management activities. The CIO controls the management of the investment portfolios of Prudentials General Accounts through its Global Portfolio Management group, Alternative Assets Group, Portfolio Strategy Group, Global Hedge Management team and ALM Strategy & Analytics unit.
The CIO Analyst Program is a three-year, entry-level role within the Chief Investment Office. Our program provides exposure to multiple pockets of a dynamic organization while creating the opportunity for success and recognition through substantial and long-term business impact.
Responsibilities will vary across groups but may include the following:
* Financial modeling with a focus on asset and liability modeling, including scenario analysis
* Developing and implementing investment strategies, hedging strategies and asset allocations
* Evaluating comprehensive hedging solutions and supporting efficient trade execution
* Analyzing portfolio performance compared to benchmarks
* Collaborating across the enterprise with business units, PGIM, and corporate functional partners
Available opportunities will vary and could include the following placements:
* ALM Strategy & Analytics Be part of the team responsible for research and development of tools for ALM analysis, strategy decision, and management reporting in addition to maintaining liability valuation and attribution models
* Alternative Assets Group Be part of a team responsible for investing balance sheet capital across alternative asset classes to generate alpha and meet future insurance liability obligations
* Global Hedge Management Be part of a team that provides comprehensive hedging solutions and efficient trade execution across multiple hedge programs for CIO by developing and utilizing capital markets acumen and liability knowledge
* Global Portfolio Management Be part of a team responsible for ALM, including portfolio construction and asset allocation for Prudentials global insurance portfolios
* Portfolio Strategy Group Be part of a team that works closely with portfolio strategists and managers, asset management units, the Alternative Assets Group, Impact Investments, ALM Strategy & Analytics, as well as corporate functions to implement portfolio initiatives and relative value analysis, analyze portfolio performance, and lead the development of policies
* Candidates must be enrolled in an accredited bachelors program graduating between December 2019 and June 2020
* Preferred majors include highly quantitative disciplines such as mathematics, engineering, economics, computer science, finance, actuarial sciences or a similarly quantitative subject area.
* Minimum 3.2 GPA required
* Strong written, oral communication, and interpersonal skills
* Advanced proficiency in Excel
* Prudential does not provide visa sponsorship for this position. Successful candidates must possess the requisite US employment authorization to be eligible for consideration
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Our businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
Click here to learn more about Prudential
1. Submit your application and digital introduction You only need to complete one digital introduction once per recruiting season even if you apply for multiple early talent roles.
2. Participate in a digital first round interview You may be invited to complete a digital first round interview, with 2 3 questions to showcase skills and experience relevant for the role.
3. Join us at Prudential for final round interviews If selected, youll join us at Prudential for final round interviews to learn more about our business, culture and the early talent opportunities available across our organization.
For 2020 early talent roles, our process is designed to help you learn more about Prudential and share your story with us. Digital interviewing allows greater flexibility, enables a quicker interview process, allows us to meet more candidates and share your story with more members of your team. Want to learn more? Click here to review our FAQs.
capital markets, financial modeling, valuation, investing, business strategy, finance, portfolio management, asset management, risk management, financial services, mutual funds, economics, accounting, investment strategies, asset allocation