San Jose, CA
In this role, you will work collaboratively with other seasoned engineers in a global team within a fast-paced environment. You will be responsible for complex design and firmware development activities on new and existing embedded applications. This position will be responsible for developing embedded and non-embedded software for Itron's Wireless networking products. The ability to interact with a highly talented group of individual contributors in a global environment is a must.
* You will participate in the full software development lifecycle, from software specifications to design, coding, unit and integration testing as well as maintaining the needed software development documentation.
* Interface to and support the hardware development team
* Interface with customers as needed
* Collaborate with Product Management and Manufacturing for product release activities
* Provide hands-on technical leadership for networking and protocol development and integration.
* At least 5-8 years of embedded software development with exceptionally strong C experience on resource constrained embedded platforms
* Experience with software-hardware interface development and integration.
* Strong oral and written communications skills
* Collaborating in a team environment
* Experience using Source Code Control systems such as Subversion, GIT etc.
* Experience with Embedded processors such as ARM, PowerPC, Atmel Processors, etc.
* Experience debugging system, hardware, and software problems
* Proficiency with development tools such as compilers, emulators/JTAG, debuggers, etc.
* Python, Perl or other scripting language for automation of unit/functional tests
* Experience in the following is required:
o TCP/IP, UDP, IPv4/IPv6
o Network Layer protocols
o Routing Protocols such as RIPng, OSPF
o IPSec, IKE, PKI, 802.1x
o Real Time Operating Systems - Synchronization, Message Passing, Memory management etc.
* Familiarity with the following technologies is desired:
o Cisco, Juniper or equivalent Routing/Switching configuration
o Linux device drivers,
o Linux Routing
o Wi-SUN, 6LoWPAN, IEEE 802.15.4g or other HAN, FAN, PAN protocols
* BS or MS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Electrical Engineering or equivalent
Itron is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, citizenship, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, medical condition, veteran status, disability, genetic information, gender identity or other characteristics protected by law. If you require an accommodation in order to apply to this position, please contact your local recruiting representative at 1-800-635-5461 or email Accessibility@itron.com.
Itron enables utilities and cities to safely, securely and reliably deliver critical infrastructure services to communities in more than 100 countries. Our portfolio of smart networks, software, services, meters and sensors helps our customers better manage electricity, gas and water resources for the people they serve. By working with our customers to ensure their success, we help improve the quality of life, ensure the safety and promote the well-being of millions of people around the globe. Itron is dedicated to creating a more resourceful world. Join us: www.itron.com.
software development, linux, software engineering, python, git, subversion, perl, embedded software, debugging, device drivers, computer science, firmware, embedded c, scripting, integration testing