Shipping and Receiving Intern
Reliably delivering whats needed today
There are few challenges as important today as creating solutions that support a cleaner, more energy-efficient world. This requires a commitment to constantly improve the transportation of people and things. We, at BorgWarner, made that commitment decades ago and have since been creating technologies to improve efficiency, emissions and performance in all types of vehicles.
Constantly pursuing whats next
Our proven track record has made us industry leader in clean, energy-efficient propulsion system solutions for combustion, hybrid and electric vehicles. We uncover strong trends and use smart science and technology to address a future based on varying regulations, consumer demands and automaker requirements.
Product leadership thats changing the world
Our employees have earned trusted partnerships with customers and suppliers around the world. We leverage these relationships to gain a deeper understanding of the challenges at hand and then do what it takes to develop the next solution. Our strong operations and commercialization expertise result in high volume availability of competitive, efficient products that truly drive change.
Responsible for providing daily organization and support with the distribution and delivery of BorgWarner products and materials within the Marshall Technical Center (MTC) in Marshall, Michigan USA. This position will be working closely with managers, the general workforce and HR for the facility. This is an ongoing intern position for approximately 20 30 hours a week, OR this internship will be 40 hours a week during the spring/summer break from school. Candidates must be enrolled in classes to be eligible for the BorgWarner Intern Program.
* Regulate and manage inventory of all required shipping supplies
* Be able to distinguish and prepare several types of shipping labels for UPS, FedEx, etc., as well as customer specific requirements
* Maintain SAP System with respect to receiving, approving payments of orders and tracking reports
* Keeping up-to-date with other shipping software programs
* Organization of all files for shipping and receiving documents, and making them retrievable at any time
* Update fleet vehicle files, records and maintenance records; arrange for any scheduled or non-scheduled maintenance/service required
* Adhere to all ITAR and federal shipping regulations and report to Corporate as requested
* Provide clerical support for lab storage records and calibration data entry at the request of the Lab Supervisor
Other duties as assigned
Safety and Health Responsible for completing required safety training, reporting and correcting any unsafe practices as appropriate, completing work activities in a safe manner, and complying with safety and health requirements for respective position.
* Must be pursuing a college degree, preferably in Business or Supply Chain Management
* Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks and have knowledge of the shipping and receiving functions
* Strong written and verbal communication skills
* Highly collaborative and team oriented
* Proficiency in MSOffice
* Must be able to work 25-30 hours a week
Learning on the Fly
Drive for Results
Ethics and Values
This position will adhere to the Global Star Safety Program, including safety rules, practices and training as outlined in the BorgWarner Emissions Tralee Safety Policy Manual. This individual will work in a manner that stresses the importance of preventing accidents and illnesses. He/she must take every precaution reasonable in the given circumstance for the protection of themselves and co-workers. In addition, he/she is responsible for reporting all injuries and/or possible dangerous situations, incidents, or occurrences to their immediate supervisor.
BorgWarner is an equal employment opportunity employer such that all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Internal Use Only: Indirect Hourly
Please access the linked document by clicking here, select the geographical area where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.
microsoft word, supply chain management, supply chain, shipping, data entry, sap, transportation, inventory, team-oriented, scheduling, clerical, receiving, materials, distribution, fedex