Google - Consultant (Remote)
Google Dallas, Texas Austin, Texas Fort Lauderdale, Florida Indianapolis, Indiana San Francisco, California New York City, New York Newark, New Jersey Philadelphia, Pennsylvania Columbus, Ohio Portland, Oregon Phoenix, Arizona Houston, Texas Seattle, Washington Charlotte, North Carolina Minneapolis, Minnesota Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania Tampa, Florida Boston, Massachusetts Atlanta, Georgia Chicago, Illinois Charleston, South Carolina
Appirio, a Wipro Company helps customers create next-generation Worker and Customer Experiences using the latest cloud technologies. Our free-thinking consultants deliver unmatched customer value by creating actionable strategies, delivering results quickly, and helping organizations adapt to a new experience-driven era. We do this by harnessing the power of one of the worlds largest crowdsourcing communities and thousands of pre-built solution accelerators. Appirio is a trusted partner to some of the worlds largest brands, including YP, Cardinal Health, Coca-Cola, eBay, Facebook, Home Depot, Sony PlayStation, Moen, and IBM.
(Please see Marketing Wiki Link to ensure you are using the most up-to-date company description verbiage. https://sites.google.com/a/appirio.com/appirio/Home/Marketing/branding )
Brief Summary of Role
Appirio is focused on enabling companies to migrate to Google Apps as an alternative to legacy messaging systems such as Microsoft Exchange and Lotus Notes. Consultant will primarily work remotely, but some onsite work will be required. This position will need to work with customers to analyze their requirements and Domino applications, develop designs, and implement Google Apps, Google Cloud Platform, and other appropriate solutions.
* Aiding customers in application remediation, migration planning, system design, and implementation of Google Messaging and Apps.
* Assisting customers with the remediation ofLegacy Applications to the appropriate cloud-based platforms, such as Google Cloud Platform elements like AppEngine, BigQuery, Cloud SQL, and other accepted platforms.
* Facilitating administrator and end user training and adoption.
* Integrating Google Apps with on-premise mail, calendaring, and directory services using the Google Apps API.
* Leading customers through the development of Google-based dashboards.
* Integrating Google Apps with other software-as-a-service systems such as Salesforce.com.
* Legacy messaging system configuration and migrations.
Education and Required Experience (Requirements)
* B.S. degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, MIS, or equivalent
* 5+ years working knowledge of development experience in legacy applications like Lotus Notes/Domino.
* Familiarity with the Google Development Platform - Google Cloud Platform, AppEngine, Geo, BigQuery, and others
* Familiarity in configuring and administering a messaging system. Experience with Microsoft Exchange, IBM Domino/Notes or Novell GroupWise is a plus.
* Familiarity with messaging-related protocols such as LDAP, Active Directory, XMPP, iCal, SMTP, IMAP, POP3, and MX routing
* Familiarity with authentication methods including single sign-on with SAML
* Familiarity or experience with Salesforce.com a big plus.
* Strong presentation and communication skills
* Located in the U.S
* Ability to travel up to 40-60%
* Not eligible for visa sponsorship
We are an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to .