Equity Research Associate at BGC Partners
Posted in General Business about 8 hours ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: New York, New York
Cantor Fitzgerald: Equity Research Associate
Cantor Fitzgerald is seeking an Equity Research Associate to work in the New York office for one of our senior biotechnology covering research analyst.
This person will work directly with the Senior Biotech Research Analyst on many aspects of the research process including: performing financial analysis and due diligence, writing investment-driven research reports, developing and fielding industry surveys, and undertaking a wide array of industry analyses and competitive assessments.
* Work with senior analyst to conduct biotechnology company and industry research
* Transform research into investment notes and presentations
* Meet with company management teams and engage with sales and trading, institution investors and hedge funds
* Attend industry conferences and meetings
* Candidate should have strong writing, financial modeling and verbal communication skills
* Ability to work efficiently in fast pace team enviroment
* Live in NYC area or willing to relocate
Preferred but not required
* MBA and/or CFA would be a plus, but not required
* Prior Biotechnology or pharmaceutical experience
* One-year work experience in investment research (buy-side or sell-side), with a focus on healthcare and/or biopharma highly preferred
* Would also consider candidates with 1-2 years of health care services investment banking experience
* Series 7,63, 86, and 87 licenses will be needed if not already licensed
investment banking, financial modeling, financial analysis, hedge funds, due diligence, trading, equity research, series 7, equity capital markets, series 63, investment research, investment portfolio, cfa, buy-side, closed-end funds