Project Coordinator - Construction job in Columbus - Ohio, USA / United States | Jobs in Construction
IAP Government Service Group
Job Type : Permanent
Job Location : Columbus - Ohio, United States
Job Salary : Competitive
Main Industry : Construction
Posted On : 17 July 2019 16/08/2019
Job Description : Job Description
The Project Coordinator will be responsible for supporting active and prospective construction projects from an administrative and support perspective. The Project Coordinator must have a proven track record in project administration, be extremely detail oriented, and able to work in a fast-paced environment. The position will report to the General Manager of Construction.
Duties and Responsibilities
* Perform administrative and support tasks related to construction projects.
* Receive job orders and create projects in IAP's Construction Management system.
* Assist Project Managers with administrative tasks such as document creation, communication, status updates and more.
* Monitor project status and perform follow-ups with internal and external personnel.
* Act as a secondary point of contact for customers and sub-contractors.
* Assist in training clients, sub-contractors, and internal personnel on our system, processes, and procedures.
* Collect and maintain project and sub-contractor documentation such as certificates of insurance and bonds.
* Coordinate with Accounting on purchase orders, invoices and payments.
*Other duties as assigned may be established that are not outlined in this job description
* Associate's degree in Construction Management, Business Administration, or equivalent field experience
* Minimum of 3 years Administrative and/or Project Coordinator experience in Construction Management, Construction, or Architecture & Engineering firm.
* Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel and other Microsoft Office programs
* Experience in Bluebeam highly preferred
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills. * Ability to multi-task and coordinate numerous projects at once.
* Extremely organized and detailed.
* Ability to type 55+ words per minute (WPM).
* Must be willing to work past core business hours periodically to meet deadlines when necessary.
* Must be able to work effectively as a member of a team Working Conditions * Ability to work full-time (8am - 5pm)
* Time is spent in an office environment
* Must be able to work in high pressure situations facing strict deadlines.
construction management, contractors, engineering, architecture, bluebeam, project execution, project management, microsoft office, microsoft excel, microsoft word, purchasing, training, accounting, organization, government