Madison Heights, MI
District General Manager- Madison Heights, MI
H&R Block, the worlds leader in tax preparation services, is looking for a District General Manager to lead a geographic district of approximately 20 H&R Block retail tax offices. H&R Block offices are located within five miles of most Americans, which means overnight travel isn't standard for this position.
Youll manage office leaders and hold them accountable for coaching, development, and performance management of office associates. Youll lead and manage the district by establishing and maintaining sales plans, offices, hiring, training and evaluating district associates.
District General Managers are responsible for accelerating business growth through the implementation of business plans, marketing, and identification of growth opportunities. Youll ensure that policies and procedures are implemented and followed in each supervised office to increase revenues, control expenses and promote client satisfaction through a consistent, positive experience.
What youll do
* Recruit, interview, and hire and onboard high caliber, top performing talent for key district positions while supporting office leaders in hiring and end-to-end performance management of office-level associates
* Coach and elevate performance of associates through goal-setting, coaching, and providing timely feedback and trigger corrective action processes, as necessary, for direct reports
* Provide leadership, growth and development opportunities to direct reports and create a high performing, engaged, and collaborative district team by building a recognition culture in alignment with the companys vision and purpose
* Champion client experience by ensuring every office associate is focused on easing the clients tax-related stress by providing a welcoming and personalized service
* Seek and utilize client feedback to drive decisions and prioritize client-focused change and serve as brand ambassador to promote the H&R Block brand within the community, to clients, and associates
* Exceed business results and rapidly gain market share by implementing a district-level market plan while holding office leaders and associates accountable for business growth at the office and individual levels
* Utilize business data to make decisions to drive business results and meet or exceed sales targets by developing and executing a sales plan that grows market share and clients, while retaining current client base
* Accelerate growth through active participation in B2B and B2C events, building not-for-profit relationships, etc.
* Develop, implement and monitor strategy to increase client satisfaction and client retention within district
What youll bring to the role
* Six to eight years of business experience to include strategic development, budgeting, and people management
* Effective management of field personnel to include a working knowledge of organizational planning techniques including the development of goals and objectives, staffing, and work standards
* Strong customer relationship skills with the desire and proven ability to work in a diverse work setting
* Demonstrated effective interpersonal, communication and facilitation skills that apply to all levels of the organization
* Ability to plan and coordinate multiple projects and work initiatives while meeting deadlines
* Proven analytical and problem-solving skills
* Bachelors degree in Business or other related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience
Corporate Job Categories
Retail Tax Field Management
The Plaza At Madison 170 W 12 Mile Rd
communication, organization, problem solving, microsoft excel, leadership, marketing, event management, training, strategy, retail, coaching, brand development, cooking, performance management, budgeting