Metals Prep Technician
ALS Cincinnati, OH
Posted 3 days ago
Experience - 4 years
Degree - 4 Year Degree
Other Great Industries
How Do You Compare to the Competition?
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
ALS provides a broad range of testing and analytical services to a wide variety of end markets and industries around the globe. We continue to remain at the forefront of the testing services industry, building an enviable reputation.
The Metals Prep Technician will be responsible for performing water, soil, bulk, and filter digestions for CVAA, ICP and IC-PMS, as well as other sample preparation duties as needed in accordance with prescribed methods and standard operating procedures.
* The technician is responsible to learn and utilize computer software and systems required to process data.
* Responsible to accurately document results in controlled logbooks, bench sheets, etc.
* Responsible to put prep batches together and accurately review this information for compliance and completeness.
* Must develop an understanding of quality control and the requirements of quality control.
* Recognize and maintain safe working conditions. Handle hazardous material appropriately and safely. Use appropriate safety equipment.
* Maintain a clean, orderly work environment.
* Other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
* Dedication to supporting goals, objectives, and philosophies of ALS.
* A commitment to cross training.
* Responsible to have a good understanding of the chemical separation procedure and develop an expertise such that atypical conditions are recognized and the impact to data quality is appropriately assessed and documented.
* Diligent work ethic and the ability to work as a team member
* Familiarity with computer systems; A working knowledge of Excel spreadsheets a plus
* Knowledge of basic lab skills, i.e. use of balances, pipettes, quantitative transfer of samples
* Strong organizational skills with the ability to handle numerous details
* High energy level, confidence, and ability to thrive in a fast paced environment
* Ability to also work weekends.
* 4 year Degree in Sciences or Science courses and Experience in metals digestion preferred but not required
* Strong written and verbal communication skills
* Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of Managers, clients, customers, and the general public
* Strong commitment to quality and integrity.
* The ability to stand for intervals of up to 8 hours while working;
* Able to speak and hear clearly while communicating with co-workers and managers;
* Dexterity in hands and fingers to operate equipment and handle glassware;
* Must have average vision and able to see to read reports and operate equipment;
* Hearing and speech to communicate in person and over the telephone;
We would like to thank everyone for their interest in ALS but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
'ALS is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to achieving and maintaining a workforce which reflects and affirms the diversity of our society'
ALS is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
EOE AA Minority, Female, Veteran, Individuals with Disabilities
Click Here to view the EEO is the Law poster
Click Here to view the FMLA Law poster
Click Here to view the EPPA Law Poster
Click Here to view the Pay Transparency Provision
Click Here to view company E-Verify Participation Poster
Job ID: 2019-7505
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job: Report this Job.
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.
ALS is a diversified international analytical laboratory and testing services group which first established its operations in Queensland, Australia in 1975. The company processes more than 10 million samples per annum and is one of the largest analytical laboratory groups in the world. Its staff of over 11,000 operates out of over 300 locations in 50-plus countries throughout Australia, North America, South America, Africa, Europe and Asia.
View Company Profile
hazardous materials, water management, safety, quality control, soil, microsoft excel, energy management, microsoft word, training, sales, research, testing, organization, computer operations, general operations