United Way of the Midlands
Company: United Way of the Midlands
Job Title: Marketing Intern
Department: Marketing and Communications
Supervisor: SVP, Marketing and Communications
FLSA Status: Part-time, Non-Exempt, Temporary
Days/Hours: Monday-Friday, flexible hours (15-20 hours per week)
Start Date: August 2019 for 1 year
General Purpose of Job
We are looking for an enthusiastic marketing intern to join our marketing department and provide creative ideas to help achieve our goals. You will have administrative duties in developing and implementing marketing strategies.
As a marketing intern, you will collaborate with our marketing and communications team in all stages of marketing needs. Your insightful contribution will help develop, expand and maintain our marketing channels.
This internship will help you acquire marketing skills and provide you with knowledge of various marketing strategies. Ultimately, you will gain broad experience in marketing and should be prepared to enter any fast paced work environment.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
* Collect quantitative and qualitative data from marketing campaigns
* Perform market analysis and research on other United Ways
* Support the marketing team in daily administrative tasks
* Assist in marketing and advertising promotional activities (e.g. social media, direct mail and web)
* Prepare event presentations
* Help distribute marketing materials
* Manage and update company database and customer relationship management systems (CRM)
* Help organize marketing events
* Help with productions and design needs
* Perform other marketing duties as assigned
Junior or Senior in a four year College or university majoring in Marketing with a minimum GPA of 3.0.
* Strong desire to learn and work with professionals who are driven
* Solid understanding of different marketing channels
* Understanding and familiar with Indesign, Photoshop and Illustrator
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Excellent knowledge of MS Office
* Familiarity with marketing computer software and online applications (e.g. CRM tools, Online analytics Google Adwords)
* Passion for the marketing industry and its best practices
* Must pass all applicable background checks.
* Must be able to work a minimum of 15 hours per week.
Job Types: Part-time, Temporary, Internship
Salary: $15.00 /hour
* Marketing Communications: 1 year (Preferred)
* Associate (Required)
* One location
* Flexible schedule
social media, marketing communications, advertising, market research, adobe photoshop, event management, adobe indesign, google adwords, market analysis, presentations, creativity, direct mail, written and verbal communication, written communication, multi-media marketing campaigns