Intern - Human Resources
Minnesota Resource Center
Avivo - 1900 - MINNEAPOLIS, MN
To provide administrative and project support to the Human Resources team at a non- profit organization. Candidate will gain valuable hands on experience in an office setting, expanding their qualifications in the area of office administration and HR.
* Provide general administrative support to the Human Resource Department.
* Work in collaboration with recruiter on recruiting tasks and activities in addition to helping post jobs internally and externally.
* Type and format job announcements into a range of databases.
* Assist with record keeping and file management.
* Provide preparation and printing of training and recruiting materials.
* Provide assistance and support in the planning, preparation, promotion and set up for our upcoming Open House and Recruiting Events
* Build email mailing lists and complete mailings for the upcoming events.
* Assist with filing of documents and records from job requisitions, candidate searches, and new hires.
* Prepare for potential e-mail blasts and complete mailings.
* Assist with a documentation project about the different duties, responsibilities and procedures involved in the Recruiter position.
* Take and type meeting minutes.
* Type, categorize and archive interview questions for future reference by hiring managers.
* Perform ongoing job posting duties, and other clerical support projects as the need arises.
Education and Experience:
* College Student or Graduate interested in gaining hands on experience in a Human Resources Department.
Knowledge and Skills:
* Familiar with MS Office Suites, e-mail and Internet, types 35 words per minute with high rate of accuracy.
* Possesses effective interpersonal skills, able to consistently reflect helpful, personable image to staff, participants and visitors.
* Strong organizational and administrative skills with the ability to prioritize and complete tasks.
* Self motivated, show initiative and able to work independently.
* Able to utilize problem-solving and decision-making skills.
* Experience and desire to work with persons of diverse cultural, economic and educational backgrounds.
SALARY: Not Applicable. This is an unpaid internship designed to provide relevant experience in an HR environment.
HOW TO APPLY: Please submit a resume and letter of interest by email to email@example.com In the subject line of your email, please state: HR INTERNSHIP.
Avivo is a nonprofit organization which serves nearly 15,000 Minnesotans each year, helping them achieve recovery, employment, and career advancement. We believe everyone deserves the chance to live well and work well. Avivo provides chemical and mental health services, career and technical education, and employment services at locations in the Twin Cities and greater Minnesota. Avivo employees help individuals transform their lives move out of poverty, find treatment and achieve recovery, end homelessness, train for and start careers, and secure jobs. At Avivo, employees experience worthwhile work and professional growth as part of a vibrant and diverse workforce. You have direct and positive impact in peoples lives and are a part of make lasting change in our community! avivomn.org
human resources, recruiting, microsoft word, hiring, organization, problem solving, career development, office administration, filing, candidate generation, motivation, clerical, salary, job postings, internet